• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We did add the restock of our best selling winter tan cotton Rotas.    Slim leg, well cut, center-creased tan chinos - one of the most useful pair of pants one can own!

Inis tomorrow + maybe Port Flannel

Its funny last night I was just pulling mine out of the closet. Need to take in the waist a bit but so ready to wear them again.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We did add the restock of our best selling winter tan cotton Rotas.    Slim leg, well cut, center-creased tan chinos - one of the most useful pair of pants one can own!

Inis tomorrow + maybe Port Flannel

Greg, you sent guys an email to nail down Port sizing. Hoping to figure out sizing before the drop if possible.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completely true to size shirts. Sleeves are kinda normal (i.e. not as long as Inglese).

Lol - I don't know if that's helpful but really, the sizing on those is pretty straightforward

@CHRK33 tried a couple yesterday in the office - not sure if you want to add anything. I believe you're a typical 42/52 and the Large was the best fit (sleeves a tad short for you)

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok...even a chest and shoulder measurement would be a big help but understand if it's not possible. And what is approx price gonna be?

Invertigo

Reaction score
Since you're around Greg (hopefully) could I get sizing on the ts(s) quilted herringbone jacket in size 5? Thanks!

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greg,

On Oct 30, when you are hosting the Sartoria Formosa bespoke event, is that day inconvenient for you or Kyle to allow me to stop by to check out some merchandise in person?

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Completely true to size shirts.  Sleeves are kinda normal (i.e. not as long as Inglese).  

Lol - I don't know if that's helpful but really, the sizing on those is pretty straightforward

@CHRK33
 tried a couple yesterday in the office - not sure if you want to add anything.  I believe you're a typical 42/52 and the Large was the best fit (sleeves a tad short for you)

Of course, happy to offer my two cents. First of all, these Portuguese Flannels are really stellar - the fabrics are awesome and super comfy. There are a couple thicker herringbone-ish ones that would be perfect overshirts and then a really soft mid-weight green flannel (amongst others) that would look killer with a tweed or corduroy sportscoat. Do not sleep on them.

So I am 6'3, 190lbs with long arms. I wear 52L in both Formosa and Cantarelli (my shoulders are broad with a big drop, so I have to size for the shoulders and then take in the waist). I picked up 3 inglese yesterday when I visited and the 41 is an shockingly perfect fit (the arms are right on the cusp, I probably could do maybe a 1/2 inch longer, but they still work really well).

So with all those reference points, here is my sizing advice on the Port Flannels. Actually the XL was the best fit for me, but the sleeves were still a couple inches short. The Large actually fit really slim and clean through the body (similar to Inglese), but for flannels, that was not really an ideal fit (in my opinion). The XL was still a good clean fit through the body but again the sleeves were too short on me. I would tend to agree with Greg, these are a solid straightforward fit (except for the short arms).

Long story short, if you are 6'1 and shorter or just have normal length arms, I would go with L in Port Flannel if you wear a 40 in Inglese and XL if you wear a 41 in Inglese. You all will love these shirts - maybe Greg can do a special order for any other tall folks next year by adding 2 or 3 inches in the sleeves. I was really sad they didn't work for me. I hope that helps.

malat

Reaction score
My wife got in the act today. She has seen so many NMWA boxes lately, that she decided to join the party with a surprise gift for me. Navy Portegna card holder:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Formosa x Inglese x Bigi

I wish the Inglese would fit me. I got the chambray stripe one and its suuuuuper slim.

BTW I was looking at that tie when they first launched and I so want it now after seeing it action

Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Want so hard. Sizing advice please? I took an L in the Inis grey blend corran cam v-neck sweater and a 5L in the GRP knitted jacket. Should I expect a similar fit such that an L may also work in this Inis cardigan?

Will not sleep on this.

I take a medium in almost all knits, including Inis Meain. I found a medium in the cable-knit cardigan to be much roomier than the average Inis model, particularly in the armholes. I liked how the small fit me better, and bought that size (from Carson Street last F/W season). Just my $.02.

vida

Reaction score
This may seem like a basic question to many of you, however I could use a bit of guidance in choosing a suit based on cloth weight. Specifically I am asking about the Formosa winter suits. How do I gage how heavy a 12/13 oz suit will wear compared a 13/14 oz version. Or, should I ask what temperature range would be best for these weights. I hope this makes sense.
I work in the south...Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh...and it does get cold, but nothing like NYC. Most everything in this area is sold as "year round" weight with the idea that you can throw on a sweater underneath to deal with colder temps (I don't really care for this). For example, I love the Fox Herringbone, but it needs to be a functional suit and not something that can only be worn 4 times a year.
BTW. I get cold at 50 degrees...I know...lightweight. Advice?

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This may seem like a basic question to many of you, however I could use a bit of guidance in choosing a suit based on cloth weight. Specifically I am asking about the Formosa winter suits. How do I gage how heavy a 12/13 oz suit will wear compared a 13/14 oz version. Or, should I ask what temperature range would be best for these weights. I hope this makes sense.
I work in the south...Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh...and it does get cold, but nothing like NYC. Most everything in this area is sold as "year round" weight with the idea that you can throw on a sweater underneath to deal with colder temps (I don't really care for this). For example, I love the Fox Herringbone, but it needs to be a functional suit and not something that can only be worn 4 times a year.
BTW. I get cold at 50 degrees...I know...lightweight. Advice?

Part of the answer is going to be that it depends on your heat tolerance. I can comfortably wear 13-14 ounce cloth 8 months out of the year in Chicago (basically any month where the average high is below 70, which is about the temperature I stop wearing the stuff). I'm guessing that's 4-5 months of regular wear in Atlanta. I can comfortably wear 10 ounce cloth from about 60 degree weather to 80 degree weather. Tropical weight, wool / linen and linen probably gets me to about 85 degrees and then I just accept that wearing a jacket is going to suck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads