• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Amen. I love mine. For reference I am TTS 9.5US, 8.5UK, 43 Eur. Butteros in 42 fit me well. Here they are:

Jumping in here on the taupe Buttero love train. They look great. Although I had some issues in sizing, and still getting acclimated (orthotics an issue, so trying to stretch them a bit/ wear them w/o orthotic). 7.5 US, 8 UK, 39 Buttero. Btw, if anyone wants to test the waters, I have a pair in 40 that are like 96%--essentially new. I'd be willing to let them go at a reasonable discount. PM me if interested.

edit: I see there's still a pair in 40 remaining; don't want to step on anyone's toes--@gdl203 if this is not cool, let me know and I'll take this down.

Last edited:

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

I will try here for a sizing question on the nice Camoshita Capri collared shirts: for a 38 - 39 shirt (relatively slim build) would you go for a 48 or a 50?

^48 matches that best. 50 would be mine at 40/41cm shirts and 50 in suits.

Agreed. I'm about a 40-41 shirt and a 50IT/40US in suits (hopefully DeSense and I have very different tastes, or at least very different holes in our wardrobes). I took a 50 in one of those shirts. It fits well, but will plenty of room (as you would want in that shirt). But if you're a bit slimmer than me, the 50 might be a bit too blousy.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a reason why more suit makers don't offer separates? Requiring MTO to accommodate drop is depressing.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drop 8+ is a struggle. :fu:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taking trousers in an inch or two isn't the end of the world

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The trouble is when you have to go beyond 2... it pretty much ruled out Dries and a lot of Jil etc. for me. I dunno, I get apprehensive taking out more than 1 inch, but I will defer to your judgement.

Last edited:

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed. I'm about a 40-41 shirt and a 50IT/40US in suits (hopefully DeSense and I have very different tastes, or at least very different holes in our wardrobes)...

Welcome to the ever growing illustrious club. You are in good, plentiful company. ;)

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there a reason why more suit makers don't offer separates? Requiring MTO to accommodate drop is depressing.

Seems like a good problem to have, but yeah, inventory management gets a lot harder with separates. If the trousers are high rise enough and you are willing to use suspenders, they can probably be an inch or so looser in the waist than you'd otherwise wear.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Agreed. I'm about a 40-41 shirt and a 50IT/40US in suits (hopefully DeSense and I have very different tastes, or at least very different holes in our wardrobes). I took a 50 in one of those shirts. It fits well, but will plenty of room (as you would want in that shirt). But if you're a bit slimmer than me, the 50 might be a bit too blousy.

TY, order placed!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just bought this:

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/eototo-crewneck-knit-brown-2030.html

I was chatting with Kyle. He got bored and sorta left the conversation. I told him that I would complain loudly if it didn't fit. Also, I forgave him for my not winning the contest. It was an emotionally charged moment.

More of you guys need to get on stuff like this. It's interesting, but stays within themes with with most men are comfortable (i.e. no Givenchy leather skirts).

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
placed my first order with NMWA friday. Just wanted to thank Greg for being so helpful. He answered every sizing question i had and was super polite. Looking forward to my new Vass to be delivered this week! Thanks again Greg!

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thought I'd throw another Niche fit pic in here; cross-post from SW&D WAYWT:

blKbyCC.jpg

Thanks for introducing me to Niche, NMWA :slayer:

How does that shirt fit?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them