• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Remy Fool

Reaction score
Lots of nice things as always! Personally I would have liked to see more from L.E.J, which felt scaled down a bit compared to other seasons.
Money talks. L.E.J. doesn't sell well at retail (when ppl buy on discount NMWA is breaking even or losing money) so it makes sense to cut back.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d love to see more of an assortment of Valstar, but I realize it’s expensive to stock.

The Quiet Owl

Reaction score
My bottom line is that I’m extremely content with this season’s selection, and all the makers you carry. I don't think there's anything I'd like to see *less* of btw.

Here’s what I loved most:

In terms of makers, DBF, PF, Valstar, Doppiaa, Camo were consistently dropping highly desirable things all season. Honorable mention to Wythe, Ikiji, GRP, Jamieson’s, and Kaptain Sunshine.

More specific:
  • Wythe & Valstar Casentinos were stunners. KS’s orange Walker is already legendary. More three-season heavy-raincoat-like coats like that?
  • Valstar’s cord shirt jacket & Doppiaa’s padded westerns were unbelievable. DBF’s plumb check, PF’s gunchecks were also excellent.
  • Camo’s Tisserands & PF’s Laburas. Personally, I feel like there’s a lot of room left in this post-sport-coat style, at least in my wardrobe.
  • I love Camo’s long-sleeve Ts and their wool version this season was beautiful. The Ikiji wool Ts are wonderful, as are the Ikiji & ts(s) turts. Not sexy but I’ll buy more.
  • In general, I love the Italian makers leaning into westernwear & would like to see more of what Doppiaa & Valstar & Inglese imagine in this vein. Your G Inglese colabs are batting 1,000, btw.
What to do more of?
  • Is there a collaboration you might do with Inis Meain on an intermediate winter coat/jacket?
  • Perhaps a few more heavier wool trousers next season? You offered some Leder wool drawstrings, but I think I found myself less tempted by the trouser collection this season than I was by the earlier spring trouser offerings.
The Kardo Alok shirt was somewhat rare for being a vibrant *winter* shirt. I think this is much more of a menswear in general/seasonal thing, but I'd like to see more colorful winter button-ups similar to the Kardo shirts.

I think a lot of people slept on the Earth/Studies fleece pants but I would be happy to see more of that sort of winter stuff.

There’s also things like the X of Pentacles scarves and Merola gloves that I would love to see again next year, but imagine that they don’t sell well, for reasons, and I would not be surprised, but sad, not to see.

The Quiet Owl

Reaction score
Lots of nice things as always! Personally I would have liked to see more from L.E.J, which felt scaled down a bit compared to other seasons.
I think that was unintentional, but I'm not sure. I think Luke (the maker) lost his father this year and there were all sorts of production snafus also.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my fav and most worn items was the petrol blue polo sweater from Ikiji. A cooler weather staple. Loved the color on the pink one this year but it had a chest pocket and was a synthetic blend. Both show stoppers for me. Maybe more in that style, different colors, all wool or at least all natural fabrics?

IMG_1105.jpeg

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Personally, I felt this season was light on OCBD from Port Flannel. I was in need of a few and there seemed to be less selection than normal. Especially solid colors versions that aren’t heavyweight tweed

professor

Reaction score
My impression is that you carried a lot of winter-weight outerwear. All of it is great, but it sure seems like much of the US doesn't have much of a winter anymore. So, to echo a sentiment above, more three-season outerwear. Things that work well for fall and spring and can work for winter on their own or maybe with an extra layer underneath.

I miss Norwegian Rain. I miss ByBorre (even though I only bought one thing from them). Is there something new and interesting that is more technical that you might pick up?

LeeR

Reaction score
I think the Kaptain Sunshine Walker coat is great for three season wear. And I like the burnt orange color. But maybe that is not for everyone.

abkain

Reaction score
Have you looked into brands like: Patagonia, Carhartt, RRL, Orslow, or Todd Snyder?

Totally Kidding!

But agree some technical stuff (in the Byborre vein), PF overshirt (in the brown plaid, woodman combo), Valstar bridge coat pre-order, and some more LA/Italo sleazy threads would be cool <- although the sleaze is probably more SS and less FW

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were there any heavy cord pieces from this f/w that I missed? Usually look forward to dbf to see what color of big cord pant they dropped but I’m not sure they did one this year.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My impression is that you carried a lot of winter-weight outerwear. All of it is great, but it sure seems like much of the US doesn't have much of a winter anymore. So, to echo a sentiment above, more three-season outerwear. Things that work well for fall and spring and can work for winter on their own or maybe with an extra layer underneath.

I miss Norwegian Rain. I miss ByBorre (even though I only bought one thing from them). Is there something new and interesting that is more technical that you might pick up?
Yeah, planning on winter closet purge if this one is another nothingburger.

Bartolo

Reaction score
Based on a thread by DieWorkwear on Twitter, I got a Kaptain Sunshine topcoat from NMWA a couple of months ago and I LOVE it. And Ive gotten many compliments on it. I went with the Traveller coat with the brown windowpane, black watch lining. It's just perfect for me and I think it was a very good price considering the alternatives I was pondering.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads