• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

&Son

Reaction score
the Lockie cardigans are our own pattern and sizes, so sizing is likely different from what you might've had with other Scottish makers, or even other Lockie knits.
This is great to know, thanks! The mallard blue is calling to me.

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my William Lockie chunky cardigan the other day, however sizing doesn't match. There is no size info anywhere on the cardigan's tags, only on the detachable tag and I suspect it was misplaced 🤷
I ordered size S and it should have 41 inch chest, however my cardigan measured to 44 inches, which is size L.
Support, unfortunately, didn't reply to me.
I am not sure if I should exchange it for an XS or this was indeed a mess up with sizing tag and XS will be too small for me.
Can anyone with WL cardigan please measure if their chest measurements match website?
The most important thing to remember is the NMWA are just some guys doing their best with a popular shop and a lot of stuff. Their CS is *superb* as is their returns policy, but they sometimes are in high demand. And as long as you reached out to them within the needed timeframe, I'd be shocked if they didn't honor whatever would make your situation right.

yungchomsky

Reaction score
Lots of good looking stuff in this drop! I'm confused about the waist measurements on these Informale trousers, though:

1702055566246.png

Are these accurate? Is it an elasticated waist?

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as my tailoring wear falls off a cliff, i've gotten in the queue of former nmwa lineup exemplar tony s for some nmwa inspired customs in super casual makeups. it looks like the latest one is on the cutting table - sourced the same m+e fabric used for the IGN bal from fw22 for his 'big pocket overshirt' pattern -

IMG_6102.jpeg

apologies for poor form of intruding on the drop day thread, but it appears tony is releasing RTW cassentinos today as well.

Last edited:

zranger102797

Reaction score
as my tailoring wear falls off a cliff, i've gotten in the queue of former nmwa lineup exemplar tony s for some nmwa inspired customs in super casual makeups. it looks like the latest one is on the cutting table - sourced the same m+e fabric used for the IGN bal from fw22 for his 'big pocket overshirt' pattern -

View attachment 2086399

apologies for poor form of intruding on the drop day thread, but it appears tony is releasing RTW cassentinos today as well.
I wonder what time those cassentinos will drop

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are there photos online of the TS(S) wool turtle neck tees worn? Perhaps an older drop vid on IG or? TIA

prufrocked42

Reaction score
Anyone who has owned the Blurhms Hard and Soft sweatshirt - do they shrink? I just got one and love it, but if they shrink I should size up on the other color. Thank you!
I wish I could be 100% concrete on this by having measured before, but here is a photo after first getting it:

Screenshot_20231208_155413_Messenger.jpg

And one just now, having washed it already. I only cold wash and hang dry clothes like this so if you want to warm wash YMMV:

Screenshot_20231208_160023_Gallery.jpg

There is basically no shrinkage that I can see or feel. But for me, 2 is already a touch oversized in just the right way, so I'm not as sensitized to it.

I love them too! The colors are really gorgeous. Blurhms hasn't done me wrong once. Great-feeling to wear.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Trayco do you find the neck fitted per se or loose? To me this seems like perfect weight for fitting under my slimmer fitting jackets vs IM or GRP that end up being too thick.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loosing daylight for selfie but first wear for PF overshirt. The exterior is very soft but interior is slightly scratchy and needs a long sleeve t-shirt so definitely size up. This is XL. Total keeper.

IMG_7518.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads