• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the sizing for Valstar Vest?

The Quiet Owl

Reaction score
The site also has a fit pics and inspirations section that I have used a lot.
Thanks--I hadn't noticed that on the NoMan's site until now! I've been appreciating the mannequin fits on IG for a while. Whomever is responsible for those is a subtle genius.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one from last year. I went TTS. FWIW; I am a normal 52. I have 52 Clint and 54 in the Valstarino (per many people's advice). I have the vest in 52 and it fits well.
That’s good to know. I’m a 50 in the Valstarino and 48 in the Clint and have been wondering if the 48 vest would work. Sounds like it will!

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one from last year. I went TTS. FWIW; I am a normal 52. I have 52 Clint and 54 in the Valstarino (per many people's advice). I have the vest in 52 and it fits well.
based on measurements from Valstar site Valstarino is smaller in chest, so it seems normal or "correct" to got 1 size smaller in vest. I am also looking at coats. So it seems I might fit vest in 50 and coat in 50. Luckily there is no "shoulders" in vest and coats have raglan sleeves.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
based on measurements from Valstar site Valstarino is smaller in chest, so it seems normal or "correct" to got 1 size smaller in vest. I am also looking at coats. So it seems I might fit vest in 50 and coat in 50. Luckily there is no "shoulders" in vest and coats have raglan sleeves.
Like others I sized up for the Valstarino in 50 and just received the Jackson corduroy vest in 48 which fits TTS

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m a solid 52 and did not size up for my valstarino. Fits slim but when I went up to 54, it was too big all over. Just sharing a data point.

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slight change in pieces from last fit.
Ikiji pants, Jameison sweater courtesy of an SF member, IM beanie.
Then magically my new Clint arrived.

IMG_0437.jpeg
IMG_0438.jpeg

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m a solid 52 and did not size up for my valstarino. Fits slim but when I went up to 54, it was too big all over. Just sharing a data point.
On the other hand, I'm a slim 52 and got a 54 Valstarino and it's still extremely fitted 🤷‍♂️

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DBF had a small trunk show in Oakland and man, I love her stuff. Will you guys be receiving another drop and can we expect anything in the Boucle Wool?

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, what. How did I miss this? :censored::-(
Still two more days it looks like:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Standard & Strange mailing list falling down on the job. Or my careful reading of emails. Must be the former.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads