• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
As promised, a little teaser for what's to come this Friday. We're starting drops a little later this season but that means this first one is a banger with five makers to start with.

Inis Meain is back with some favorite restocks and a few new styles. I'll focus just on the latter in this preview. The story this time around is really all about the alpaca/silk yarn, as it just lends itself to so many styles so well. It's also really special and not something we see from other makers. You know we've been championing this for years and years now, but it's hard to beat that combination of softness, temperature regulation, and luxurious appearance.

One that we're very excited to introduce is an all-new exclusive for us - our saddle shoulder buttonless polo, long sleeve and in that wonderful alpaca/silk. Three colors:

Inis_Meain_Ireland_FW23_Long_sleeve_saddle_shoulder_polo_in_Delphi_light_blue_alpaca_and_silk ...jpg Inis_Meain_Ireland_FW23_Long_sleeve_saddle_shoulder_polo_in_Oatmeal_alpaca_and_silk (7).jpg Inis_Meain_Ireland_FW23_Long_sleeve_saddle_shoulder_polo_in_Bramble_wine_alpaca_and_silk (3).jpg

Continuing along, we finally (how did it take us this long?) did a run of our alpaca silk turtleneck in black. Sleek, handsome, cue up the Archer jokes etc etc.

Inis_Meain_Ireland_FW23_Exclusive_Black_alpaca_&_silk_rollneck_sweater (2).jpg

A nice new crewneck is a plated on that combines the alpaca/silk with wool/cashmere for something plush, soft, warm, and durable. What's not to love. But more importantly, I think my favorite part about this is the color and the name - Avocado. Unlike the 70s appliances in avocado green this actually feels reflective of the food, with that distinctive mix of green, brown, tan, and charcoal yarns.

Inis_Meain_Ireland_FW23_Crewneck_sweater_in_Avocado_green_merino,_cashmere,_alpaca_&_silk (3).jpg Inis_Meain_Ireland_FW23_Crewneck_sweater_in_Avocado_green_merino,_cashmere,_alpaca_&_silk (6).jpg

Lastly, to complement the beige version of the ribbed baby alpaca mockneck we did an ecru one as well. This is capital C Cozy stuff here, with a universal appeal that is sure to have it stolen by your SO in short order.

Inis_Meain_Ireland_FW23_Sneachta_ecru_baby_alpaca_ribbed_mockneck (8).jpg

jaaz16

Reaction score
Safe to assume these will fit pretty much like the short sleeve linen version (but with sleeves and different fabric of course) than e.g., the Stoffa ribbed polo, which fits slouchier? I guess I'm just curious about slouchiness. Maybe one of the team can wear it in a video!

2024839-da53030d384b180a6363e467fb0055f9.jpg

professor

Reaction score
That avocado colour is great
Agreed. Slightly different take than Kyle's: what makes it unusual is that it's a reference to the *exterior* of the avocado rather than usual reference to the flesh color of the avocado. Both references to the food, but different parts of it. (Ok. I'm overthinking this: it's a great color.)

AnElepahntCage

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new here and new to purchasing from No Man Walks Alone. I picked these two items up in the sale, and love them both. Pants do fit a touch tighter than I'd like in the thigh, though. Anyone know if you can make more room in just the thigh on these?
Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 1.36.04 PM.png

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new here and new to purchasing from No Man Walks Alone. I picked these two items up in the sale, and love them both. Pants do fit a touch tighter than I'd like in the thigh, though. Anyone know if you can make more room in just the thigh on these? View attachment 2025115

Rota is stingy with how much material they leave for alterations. There's not much to work with in the thigh or seat, maybe 1/2 to 3/4th" for thigh. You can see this by checking how much fabric exists inside the leg between the outseam and the edge of the remaining fabric and subtracting the fabric crisscrossed with thread, as this indicates the border that needs to be preserved in order to keep the material from unraveling. Do the same for inseam and tally.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
What's the quality of Doppiaa corduroy like? It seems kind of floppy from some photos.
I bought the Aabba camp collar shirt jacket that matches the pants linked below last year and think the quality is excellent. It's very soft and plush. Not sure what you mean by "floppy," but it does have 3% elastane, which gives it a comfortable amount of stretch.

notalex

Reaction score
I picked up a Frank Leder coat and a Doppiiaa double breasted gray coat from the sale. The Frank Leder fits great but the Doppiiaa runs a bit too big on me (size 50) - going to see if I can sell it to recoup the money.

Also got a pair of Rotas and fell in love with them from the first wear :)

Attachments

• IMG_4526.png
    IMG_4526.png
    253.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_4525.png
    IMG_4525.png
    316.1 KB · Views: 113

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads