• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am trying out this very nice brown suit and outside of white, am looking for additional suggestions of shirt colors to wear with it. I figure brown loafers or black or brown lace ups would be good as well? Thoughts from the collective would be appreciated!

View attachment 1812154

I wore a very similar shade suit just the other with a pale blue shirt and green/sand tie and it worked out nicely. Also have worn in the past with a green/white bengal stripe and navy knit tie. Super versatile color.

true.to.size

Reaction score
I am trying out this very nice brown suit and outside of white, am looking for additional suggestions of shirt colors to wear with it. I figure brown loafers or black or brown lace ups would be good as well? Thoughts from the collective would be appreciated!

View attachment 1812154
+1 for gdl's suggestion of pink. I have a suit in a similar shade that I recently wore with a dusty salmon pink shirt and was happy with the combo. Wore it with reddish brown loafers.

nycs10011

Reaction score
Stopped by and checked out the fall tailoring in person and was very impressed with the full range, from the new outerwear to the fabric selections. I can't possibly fit another overcoat otherwise, I'd grab the Chesterfield.

For now, I'm going for one of the Stoffa overshirts in graphite wool, and I'll mull some of the other options. I'm thinking of going 50 even if I'm closer to a 48 by measurements, but if anyone has any sizing advice on Stoffa, I'd take it.

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by and checked out the fall tailoring in person and was very impressed with the full range, from the new outerwear to the fabric selections. I can't possibly fit another overcoat otherwise, I'd grab the Chesterfield.

For now, I'm going for one of the Stoffa overshirts in graphite wool, and I'll mull some of the other options. I'm thinking of going 50 even if I'm closer to a 48 by measurements, but if anyone has any sizing advice on Stoffa, I'd take it.
My experience with Stoffa is that I had to size up one for a nice roomy fit from 50 to 52. All that being said I believe the size charts for a 50 on the NMWA pre order align to a 52 on Stoffa web site charts.
@gdl203 should we just follow the size charts your site has? I pre ordered the camp shirt as well and went with 50 according to sizes posted on the NMWA site.
Thanks!

rose city mike

Reaction score
@gdl203 Really liking the look of the tonal charcoal PoW jacket. Are the photos a good representation of the color? It comes across as a bit more mid-gray and versatile than what I would normally think of in a charcoal.

The taupe jacket also catches my eye but I have a very neutral, mid-brown cashmere that might be too similar. Is this more brown than gray or vice versa? And what the heck is hopsack tweed? (I thought those were very different weaves and seasons)

The whole selection looks great--thank God I don't need another overcoat. or do I?...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@gdl203 Really liking the look of the tonal charcoal PoW jacket. Are the photos a good representation of the color? It comes across as a bit more mid-gray and versatile than what I would normally think of in a charcoal.

The taupe jacket also catches my eye but I have a very neutral, mid-brown cashmere that might be too similar. Is this more brown than gray or vice versa? And what the heck is hopsack tweed? (I thought those were very different weaves and seasons)

The whole selection looks great--thank God I don't need another overcoat. or do I?...
I could try to explain how brown the greys are or how grey the browns are but we made swatches to avoid these perception and monitor settings issues. I highly recommend getting swatches before they run out.

45bur

Reaction score
The new collection looks stunning. I wish my lifestyle allowed me to wear tailoring more. Although that glen check overcoat may be calling my name...

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the swatches and holy hell I have some tough decisions to make.
I’m thinking the lounge in taupe, Camp shirt in a sorta of cross hatch, pinstripe as advertised and that sick diamond pattern in the suit.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My experience with Stoffa is that I had to size up one for a nice roomy fit from 50 to 52. All that being said I believe the size charts for a 50 on the NMWA pre order align to a 52 on Stoffa web site charts.
@gdl203 should we just follow the size charts your site has? I pre ordered the camp shirt as well and went with 50 according to sizes posted on the NMWA site.
Thanks!

Also curious about sizing advice

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our measurement grids came straight from the stoffa team so I'm not really sure how to answer any question about discrepancy in sizing. Our sizing advice is to take your usual IT size for the shirts and pants, and to size up 1 in the lounge jacket IF you want room to layer. If you like the lounge jacket to fit closer, like a shirt, then take your usual IT size.

If you know your stoffa size, just order that

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics