• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
36 x 1
38 x 2
40 x 2
42 x 2
44 x 1

$1,995

This is batch #1 and all that could be made given various Covid shutdowns, delays, etc... but we plan on following that up with a pre-order campaign for batch #2 for those who are willing to wait until next Fall

Any chance of voting on the fabric selection or putting in an individual mto option for batch #2?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
individual mto
That's what Fred Nieddu does. Anyone can reach out to him to get a coat made for them individually in the fabric they want and all the details they want. It will cost more though.

We can only manage to reach a retail price this low when we do a batch and save on fabric costs, manufacturing costs, etc... by making a series.

We're always 100% transparent about all of our projects - never hide the makers. Dozens of you guys have made custom shirts with Tony after we introduced him in our store. That's amazing and we love that. If this RTW project brings new clients to Fred's bespoke workshop, that would also make us very happy. Not everything has to go through us. We are good for series and group projects but any individual projects probably best go directly to the maker.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s the hand feel of this tweed? What temperature range would this be best for? This coat sounds so tempting but I’m not sure I’ll get enough wear out of it where I’m at.
It's a donegal tweed and it's heavy. Always hard to give temperature ranges as that's very subjective (I see people in t-shirts and others in turtlenecks in 50F weather), but my own perspective is probably 10-45F?

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what Fred Nieddu does. Anyone can reach out to him to get a coat made for them individually in the fabric they want and all the details they want. It will cost more though.

We can only manage to reach a retail price this low when we do a batch and save on fabric costs, manufacturing costs, etc... by making a series.

We're always 100% transparent about all of our projects - never hide the makers. Dozens of you guys have made custom shirts with Tony after we introduced him in our store. That's amazing and we love that. If this RTW project brings new clients to Fred's bespoke workshop, that would also make us very happy. Not everything has to go through us. We are good for series and group projects but any individual projects probably best go directly to the maker.

All good, would prefer to order things through you. The grey Wythe coat was more my aesthetic but the sleeves were too short. I’ll see what color option you’ll be offering on the next round if I can get a good fit on the 44.

jalebi

Reaction score
Next batch will be same fabric but we may decide to add a second shade

We never pay duties for anyone or anything. Always the responsibility of the customer/recipient. Very nice of stoffa to pay for your duties and taxes, I'll make sure to commend Agyesh on his generosity next time I see him !

This 1st batch will only be sold to North American customers. Next batch, we may be able to organize US and European orders, take Euro orders and have Fred / taillour ship them from London.

Man, I think NMWA really should follow the apparent current trend in the industry and offer international shipping AND all taxes/duties paid without any extra cost to the buyer. Also, I think free international returns to boot isn't too much to ask for. At least not for us Founder's Circle members.

I'm assuming he meant DDP (delivered duty paid) which means the buyer pays the duties, but it's included in an uplifted price listed on the site. Doubt anyone actually expects a retailer abroad to cover their duty.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Doubt anyone actually expects a retailer abroad to cover their duty.

Tell me you've never worked retail without telling me you've never worked retail :hide:

45bur

Reaction score
Man, I think NMWA really should follow the apparent current trend in the industry and offer international shipping AND all taxes/duties paid without any extra cost to the buyer. Also, I think free international returns to boot isn't too much to ask for. At least not for us Founder's Circle members.
Tell me this is satire

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell me this is satire

It is, or rather sarcasm.

Just a dude tryin way too hard to be funny when he ain’t

Touché.

I seem to have rubbed you the wrong way or something sometime during SF history, since your interactions with me always seem to be rather negative. It's a shame imo. And if this is indeed the case, then let me apologize. I am actually a pretty good guy. Let's be friends instead. ?

Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup! I put it in hot water to shrink bc I need a really low crown.

Nice. I was eying up one recently so it caught my attention. I am also a fan of lower crowns so that's a good idea to shrink it down some. Is yours fitted or adjustable?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads