• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, this is the time my fellow Grosers (not a word).

If you want/need something preordered from J Grose, please send your emails to [email protected] with subject line "James Grose Preorder". We will send you a paypal invoice for the 50% deposit - preorder discount (15% off).

Can I get an interest check here on doing preorders with James Grose? It's pretty time intensive for us to prepare preorder materials and create items online etc... but we may just be able to take preorders on a less formal fashion (email/deposit) if there are a few interested parties.

We'll probably restock the Lunch Jacket and RAF Irvin in the same configurations as before (only difference is they now sell the RAF Irvin in chest sizes instead of S, M, L, XL)

View attachment 1543811 View attachment 1543812 View attachment 1543813 View attachment 1543814

But we can also take orders for the same styles in different colors:

Lunch Jacket can come in:
  • Nappa Finish Dark Brown
  • Nappa Finish Black
  • Suede Finish Gold (what we order)
  • Suede Finish Dark Brown
  • Suede Finish Black
RAF Irvin can come in:
  • Nappa Finish Dark Brown (what we order)
  • Nappa Finish Black
  • Suede Finish Gold
  • Suede Finish Black

But we can also take preorders for styles we won't be stocking, like

Shearling DB jacket (we had the black on black one in stock a couple years ago) and comes in the same 5 options - fits slimmer than Lunch or RAF

View attachment 1543818 View attachment 1543819
View attachment 1543820

Or the Bench coat - which only comes in the three suede finish options

View attachment 1543816
View attachment 1543817

Haven't done the pricing fully just yet (especially with the extra Trump tax on UK goods ?) but in terms of costs RAF > DB > Bench > Lunch
OK so I calculated costs and pricing for the Grose shearlings (damn GBP rate and Trump UK tariffs :censored:)

Please raise your hand if you have any interest in preordering (sizes 36-46) so I can see if we need to work on creating pages, etc...

Lunch Jacket - $1,525
  • Nappa Finish Black
  • Suede Finish Gold
  • Suede Finish Black
RAF Irvin - $1,855:
  • Nappa Finish Black
  • Suede Finish Gold
  • Suede Finish Black
Shearling DB jacket - $1,755
  • Nappa Finish Black
  • Suede Finish Gold
  • Suede Finish Black
Bench coat - $1,575
  • Suede Finish Gold
  • Suede Finish Black
We can do the usual 15% off preorder discount. I've also italicized styles that we're likely to stock (and could offer size exchanges)

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with all this talk of preorders, is there an ability / interest to do a GRP preorder for next fall?
I can speak to ability - yes, it's possible. They do have a 6 unit minimum so we couldn't do 1 size 7 sweater in red. But we could do group preorders if you guys think we've been missing some interesting style/color combos

XXghostfaceXX

Reaction score
I can speak to ability - yes, it's possible. They do have a 6 unit minimum so we couldn't do 1 size 7 sweater in red. But we could do group preorders if you guys think we've been missing some interesting style/color combos

Count me as interested. I think your styles / color combos are great (crewneck esp), I just want to pre-order some 7s so I can get the size. Happy to tag onto your existing orders if the interest is not there from others.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK let's come back to this convo late Feb when we receive the collection information and color options

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For S&C preorders, same process: please email [email protected]. 12-ply (2x28s) cashmere shawl collar cardigan (same model as our lambswool version, with horn buttons) comes out at $950 retail (same product as other brands that you already know and sell for $1300...). 15% off for preorders

Colors are

image.png

image (1).png

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are crewneck & rollneck possible as well?
Sure - pls email so we can show you the styles and calculate prices. We don't really have sizing references for other models though, like we do with the shawl cardigan

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For S&C preorders, same process: please email [email protected]. 12-ply (2x28s) cashmere shawl collar cardigan (same model as our lambswool version, with horn buttons) comes out at $950 retail (same product as other brands that you already know and sell for $1300...). 15% off for preorders

Colors are

View attachment 1547686
View attachment 1547685
Will you also be taking preorders on the lambswool shawl cardigan--assuming, of course, that there are colors you don't stock? I'm undecided on whether I'd prefer lambswool or cashmere, although there are some very tempting color options here.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will you also be taking preorders on the lambswool shawl cardigan--assuming, of course, that there are colors you don't stock? I'm undecided on whether I'd prefer lambswool or cashmere, although there are some very tempting color options here.
Not an individual basis as S&C requires minimum for lambswool styles (not for cashmere styles)

GoWool

Reaction score
Reminds me I've been meaning to say how often I find myself reaching for my two S&C lambswool crewnecks. Not sure if you'd consider bringing those back in the future but they are just the perfect sweater and I would love more colors.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great yarn options! What is the ETA on delivery?
Sep-Oct 2021
Reminds me I've been meaning to say how often I find myself reaching for my two S&C lambswool crewnecks. Not sure if you'd consider bringing those back in the future but they are just the perfect sweater and I would love more colors.
I thought they were great too (that pamplemousse :inlove: ) but we had to mark down most of the stock to sell them. So no.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads