• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tacking onto this discussion of FW20, pre-orders and buys, I had a question for you guys. I'm not sure how to say that without sounding crass or vulture-like... We always had a certain kinship with Unionmade and shared a common taste and a number of makers too. I wanted to see if there were any makers/brands that UM sold and that you guys feel are sorely missing since UM closed - and that we should consider stocking. As we step into the buying season next month, this could be something keep in mind when we go through shows and showrooms, etc..

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tacking onto this discussion of FW20, pre-orders and buys, I had a question for you guys. I'm not sure how to say that without sounding crass or vulture-like... We always had a certain kinship with Unionmade and shared a common taste and a number of makers too. I wanted to see if there were any makers/brands that UM sold and that you guys feel are sorely missing since UM closed - and that we should consider stocking. As we step into the buying season next month, this could be something keep in mind when we go through shows and showrooms, etc..

Saint James jumps out, I purchased a lot of its breton shirts from Union Made. Not sure if NMWA will continue stocking Orcival though (I have no experience with this maker). Thanks for putting this question out there.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UM had a small but well curated selection of home and office goods/knick-knacks. Ceramics, leather desk top goods, etc. I have a Horween cxl baseball on my desk, for example. I can see that being outside of what you guys are doing/want to do but just a thought. I’m sure others will have good thoughts on designers.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with @budapest12's suggestion of knick knacks. This probably led in part to Unionmade's untimely demise, but I also think that more thoughtful basics would be nice. I've really enjoyed my Blurhms "basics" and, as I indicated above, some more everyday stuff would be nice.

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

de bonne facture

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with @budapest12's suggestion of knick knacks. This probably led in part to Unionmade's untimely demise, but I also think that more thoughtful basics would be nice. I've really enjoyed my Blurhms "basics" and, as I indicated above, some more everyday stuff would be nice.
Yeah, I don’t know how great that stuff moves and I wouldn’t be surprised to find out it was a drag on business. Was sorry to see UM go for sure.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not out of the question! We'll be seeing him in January in Paris. What kind of things would you like to see a pre-order of?

Also, I guess this is a good time to open up that question in general - are there any specific makers or items you all would like to see pre-orders of for Fall 2020 delivery? To jog your memory, some of the fun ones we did for this fall were Valstar including Clint and shearling trucker, Norwegian Rain including limited edition fabrics, James Grose shearlings, and Heschung Thuya in four leathers even though they were planning to discontinue the style.

KS traveler
Love the IM preorders
Maybe Chamula??? would love a preorder on that flag sweater

not my style but maybe Devaux? not sure if that's too capital F "Fashion" but it seems that's a well liked brand that doesn't have much of an outlet now at least in stores that i tend to frequent, could be wrong though as i don't necessarily run in that circle
Second DBF - i think it's excellent and hard to find in the US
President's? - blue in green carried some stuff a while back and i have a few pieces i like very much

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From UM, Eastlogue was the only brand I'd buy stuff from there full-price, and only a piece or two. As much as I like DBF/Presidents/Deveaux those are brands I almost only buy on sale and can't in good faith ask you guys to stock knowing that. What brand overlap existed between you guys and UM I'd always buy from you guys. I think Deveaux is potentially out of step with the other brands in the store given the price-point/style combination they've gone the past couple of seasons.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions - keep them coming. To clarify a little, let us know if there's makers you really liked and bought from UM. The stuff that didn't stay there til sales - the stuff that you feel strongly is now missing, that you were happy to get at regular price.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
augusteklaus3