• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

kongmw

Reaction score
Pro tip: the No Man app (on iOS) shows (some?) OOS items. If you click in to the product description, scroll down to bottom and click the "share" button, then "copy". The text you just copied contains the actual link to the OOS item. Just paste into browser and delete the sentence before the actual link and go.

IMG_9688.jpg

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pro tip: the No Man app (on iOS) shows (some?) OOS items. If you click in to the product description, scroll down to bottom and click the "share" button, then "copy". The text you just copied contains the actual link to the OOS item. Just paste into browser and delete the sentence before the actual link and go.

View attachment 1777474
There’s an app?? Where the hell have I been??

Najnar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of the Frank Leder double pleated linen trousers and it's very large on the waist - smallest size has a 33(!) inch waist. Am I missing something or should I just return and try a different brand?

Separately, I also got a pair of the Chamula olive huarache and I can't wait to wear them once it gets warmer.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of the Frank Leder double pleated linen trousers and it's very large on the waist - smallest size has a 33(!) inch waist. Am I missing something or should I just return and try a different brand?
I don't think you're missing anything, except maybe looking at measurements before you purchase. We spend a lot of time taking measurements so customers know how each piece fits. These trousers, for example, measure 33" in size S (it's on the page)
AF39367B-8289-4248-9D9C-74F7E4D87260.jpeg

Every garment and every brand fits differently so please look at measurements.

These pants are meant to fit loose and be cinched with a belt. If you don't want that, look for trousers with a waist closer to what you need

Last edited:

Najnar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think you're missing, except maybe looking at measurements before you purchase. We spend a lot of time taking measurements so customers (like you) would know that these trousers, for example, measure 33" in size S (it's on the page)
View attachment 1777801

Every garment and every brand fits differently so please look at measurements.

These pants are meant to fit loose and be cinched with a belt. If you don't want that, look for trousers with a waist closer to what you need

I actually did look at the waist before ordering, and thought the big waist was only big because of some sort of heavy construction in the waistband or something. Would seem odd on a pair of linen trousers, but what do I know, y'know? There's also a blurb missing in that screenshot mentioning a "fits relaxed, take your typical size, S=30" or something like that. I think you said something similar on the instagram video for that drop. So, I took it all to mean that it might be a little loose, but it's something I should be able to swing. But I can't.

These pants are meant to fit loose and be cinched with a belt.

I really liked how the pants fit generally so I tried it with a couple different belts before first writing. Because there really isn't anything to the waistband, a leather belt has some difficulty finding purchase and the waistband slips below the belt. I think if it was only a two inch difference in the waist size it could work (larger sizes seem to have smaller discrepancy, anyway). Or maybe instead of a leather belt, a fabric belt would grip the linen better - but I don't have one. I like it the pants, but they don't like me.

Anyway, thanks for taking time out of your weekend to respond. I'll trust y'all's measurements and use some common sense going forward lol.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes the general sizing advice is based on what we try on, and grading can be such that something fits a certain way (for example TTS) in the sizes we tried on here - but maybe not so much in other sizes. None of us is a small here (we go medium to XL in the NY team).

Measurements will tell a more precise story because of that. Sizing advice may not be universal across sizes

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#tourist

9FB312C7-A3BF-46A0-B9B0-DB2B60718633.jpeg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads