• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
Is that orange one linen? Mannnn if that was a deep, more burnt orange, I would be all about it.

Yep, it's linen. The colour is exactly what I was looking for. I already have some more burnt orange ties, I wanted something more vibrant
nod[1].gif

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ComfortablyDumb You integrated those ties extremely well.
fistbump.gif

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
@ComfortablyDumb Ties look great!

Cheers, Frank! Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we see you in ties that frequently. I think these Post-Imp ties would be right up your alley, style-wise.

@ComfortablyDumb You integrated those ties extremely well.
fistbump.gif

Pure luck! This was the only suit I had left in this house (in the midst of moving to a new place, so most of my clothing is... somewhere... I hope...).

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Cheers, Frank! Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we see you in ties that frequently. I think these Post-Imp ties would be right up your alley, style-wise.

Pure luck! This was the only suit I had left in this house (in the midst of moving to a new place, so most of my clothing is... somewhere... I hope...).

You don't and they are! I only really have call for a tie a half dozen times a year at most. Which isn't to say that I don't have a few... Including the NMWA P-I heavyweight indigo silk from last year. :). It is lovely

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any room to let out the waist in the NMWA Eidos trouser? I usually need 16" and I see that the 46 is about 15.5"; the 48 is sold out.

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
I thought they were sold out/not being re-woven? (Though someone over in unfunded found the same airy hopsack made under a different label)
I tried to find it for over a year, but Formosa had it and still does afaik. A while back, David Lane posted that he'd found it under a different label, and I did recently.

Last edited:

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there any room to let out the waist in the NMWA trouser? I usually need 16" and I see that the 46 is about 15.5"; the 48 is sold out.

Eidos or Rota? The latter (in wool or linen) are pretty slim in thighs, so that might be a challenge in itself.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eidos, yeah, the thighs would be my other concern

Yeah, if you're a 48 I wouldn't roll the dice on a 46. I'm a 46 in most brands and the waist in both Eidos and Rota works great for me, but I get a bit of pocket flare from Rota and tons from Eidos. (Disclaimer: haven't tried the Sal or NMWA Eidos cuts). I now take 48 OTR and 47 during preorders et al and have my tailor reduce the waist.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do people size for the Gray knit Blazers? I'm a 40 Formosa (let out waist), 41/42 inglese. Usually a size L in slimmer knitwear, M if it's really boxy.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any possibility of an ivory shawl collar dinner jacket this S/S from Formosa? I know Greg said earlier S/S Formosa hasn't been finalized, but this might be a nice addition to the tuxedo for summer black tie purposes. Along with another tobacco linen suit (OOS in size 50 for the two on the site :( )

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads