• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carlo Corbata

Reaction score
View attachment 981602 View attachment 981600
Wearing this shirt jacket again, I really like it, very comfortable and since I am so good at taking input from my SF friends, I agree it is much more appropriate to wear with jeans versus some of the SC’s I have hanging in the closet

Super cool and laidback outfit, the jacket is really nice. You look awesome. I would call it classy casual.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 981602 View attachment 981600
Wearing this shirt jacket again, I really like it, very comfortable and since I am so good at taking input from my SF friends, I agree it is much more appropriate to wear with jeans versus some of the SC’s I have hanging in the closet

Suggest losing the bandana but otherwise I dig this. See whether the shirt looks better tucked; it may not.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2BAF7567-7FDD-448A-B7B2-9F4B5F7CFB34.jpeg

Eidos/Rota/Alfred Sargent

Carlo Corbata

Reaction score
Suggest losing the bandana but otherwise I dig this. See whether the shirt looks better tucked; it may not.

Really? I think the bandana gives the little extra kick :) and when the shirt would be tucked in, the laidback vibe would be gone, I guess. Wouldn’t change a thing.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super cool jacket! The safari/military style jackets are really trending right now, huh? Thinking about getting me a piece in linen for summer. Anyway, well done outfit!
Thank you. This is by Eidos and it’s a very popular style by them.
Private white VC makes a very nice Irish linen field jacket as well.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more negative input from you I get the more comfortable I am with the outfit! Thank you.:fence:

very funny stuff here......lmao

shorts just dont work for me anywhere......except a pool or ocean

id wear linen or lite cotton pants rather than shorts.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? I think the bandana gives the little extra kick :) and when the shirt would be tucked in, the laidback vibe would be gone, I guess. Wouldn’t change a thing.

Yes, really. You and I probably have different approaches, but feeling the need for a "little extra kick" or "a bit of flair" or "a statement piece" or whatever you want to call it is not how you win at dressing yourself. Sure, people at the party might say, "nice bandanna," but it's a lot more likely that they don't know what the hell else to say to the dude with a bandanna tied around his neck. See also: fun socks, odd vests, tie bars/lapel chains, etc.

e74a6a0efe16657aa417501508e938bc.jpg

There seems to be this idea, especially among the newly-interested in clothes, that standing out is the way to be noticed or that you get extra StylePoints for degree of difficulty in combining items. It isn't and you don't.

Also, @IEG -- let that bald head breathe more often! You look just fine without the hat :)

IEG

Reaction score
Yes, really. You and I probably have different approaches, but feeling the need for a "little extra kick" or "a bit of flair" or "a statement piece" or whatever you want to call it is not how you win at dressing yourself. Sure, people at the party might say, "nice bandanna," but it's a lot more likely that they don't know what the hell else to say to the dude with a bandanna tied around his neck. See also: fun socks, odd vests, tie bars/lapel chains, etc.

e74a6a0efe16657aa417501508e938bc.jpg

There seems to be this idea, especially among the newly-interested in clothes, that standing out is the way to be noticed or that you get extra StylePoints for degree of difficulty in combining items. It isn't and you don't.

Also, @IEG -- let that bald head breathe more often! You look just fine without the hat :)
First things first, I will agree somewhat on the bandanna, I like wearing a necktie and get a bunch of grief for doing that with jeans so lately I have been going with the supposed more appropriate bandanna/neckerchief. Now seems like that is not the way to go but I do wonder @jcmeyer i know he is much more accomplished than I but I am curious why no one has a problem with @EFV wearing one???
Also JC, do you have a full head of hair? I have mentioned in the past, I mostly wear a hat for purpose, th keep my bald head warm in the winter and to keep it from getting charred in the summer. I do thank you for the compliment that I look ok without a hat but like I said, unless you are bald it is difficult to understand the why.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
classless