• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The State of Black Tie: Your Observations

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom Ford in a Saint Laurent's attire.

IMG_5137.png

Lensmaster

Reaction score
Can't refute your argument, but I think that the outfit still qualifies, as "black tie" has become synonymous for evening wear, as I see.
To people who don't want to dress up anyway. To the rest of us black tie requires a black bow tie. As far as the idea that you can wear tuxedo pieces in various forms for events that are just dressy, that is true. But that is a whole other forum.

Last edited:

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A whole 'nuther forum...
IMG_1232.jpeg

IMG_1893.jpeg

IMG_2116.jpeg
IMG_2147.jpeg

I guess, strictly speaking, this is cocktail attire. But, black tie isn't a rigid set of rules. That would be white tie. What we call black tie is really a set of party clothes. I know full well how to do correct black tie and do so when the mood strikes me. But most of the time I just wanna have fun.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A whole 'nuther forum...
View attachment 2184419
View attachment 2184421
View attachment 2184423 View attachment 2184425

I guess, strictly speaking, this is cocktail attire. But, black tie isn't a rigid set of rules. That would be white tie. What we call black tie is really a set of party clothes. I know full well how to do correct black tie and do so when the mood strikes me. But most of the time I just wanna have fun.
I think I've said before, but would love to see that yellow DJ with off-white/cream trousers.

Johnmdub

Reaction score
Have ordered myself an ivory db shawl dinner jacket, and planning out the rest of my outfit.
What shirt style do people recommend? Thinking a plain front with studs, semi spread collar would match the vibe of the jacket, or is a marcella front a better bet?
Black cummerbund is probably not strictly necessary with the double breasted closure, but might be good to have anyway?
Getting this together for my wedding, want it to looks as good as possible

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member