• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Found this minty spider resonator today.
IMG_6591.jpeg

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a great pic but I'm too lazy to go get a good one.

View attachment 2144175

my bass also uses that bridge ! is that burgundy mist or car ?

you are a converted guitarist iirc ? I'm interested in your right hand approach , are you picking or fingerstyle or maybe slapping ?

rn i'm hunting tone / characterization while I get up to speed . I sort of like the fingerstyle sound best , i'm not really pursuing slapping ( it will be there later ) and I feel very comfortable picking in time and very comfy to palm mute so I can get reasonable tone altho I feel I am picking too hard .

fingerstyle bass is not intuitive for me . I do a lot of pick-free stuff with the guitar ( frailing and Travis picking are bread n butter , am very comfortable with Atkins style picking ) but I find none of that really translates to the role and architecture of the bass so i'm figuring it out I guess .

i'm leaning towards a one-finger approach a la jamerson . there is very little footage of him playing . it's like trying to parse Robert Johnson . i deeply suspect he uses the back of his pointer finger to push for instance 16th notes where most fingerstyle players would use the middle finger . maybe I will try pairing my first two fingers as a reinforced hook . lol . we will see what sticks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads