• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heschung Thuya VS Paraboot Michael - the ultimate shoedown for some ugly shoes (sizing, style, etc).

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of "ugly shoes" at Massimo Dutti, at a very reasonable price. Made in Portugal, they are perfect for my rotation and how I intend to use them

2253950709_2_2_16.jpg

They do have the same model in other colors and materials.

nycs10011

Reaction score
Just got back from a trip to Paris and was noticing a fair amount of Para Michaels and other makers/ versions out on the streets. A funny mix of younger kids and stylish old Parisian men. Paraboots have long been my go-to casual shoe but I always thought the Michaels were too ugly, but I've come around.

John_Dunn

Reaction score
They're ugly but for a Parisian winter, practical. Cofortable, great grip on wet pavement, bellows toungue if it's really wet. Brush them off and they're good as new.

Just got back from a trip to Paris and was noticing a fair amount of Para Michaels and other makers/ versions out on the streets. A funny mix of younger kids and stylish old Parisian men. Paraboots have long been my go-to casual shoe but I always thought the Michaels were too ugly, but I've come around.
20211209_080744.jpg

asaa1000

Reaction score

florent

Reaction score
Michaels are super trendy in Paris right now. There has even been a recent newspaper article stating Paraboot could barely keep up with the demand

MaE

Reaction score

I guess that this is the article you’re talking about?!

What I find interesting in it is that they say that Paraboot can barely keep up with the demand because the demand itself is very high but also because there are a quite a few workers that have left the company because they were able to find other slightly better paid jobs in the Grenoble area (where Paraboot and it’s factory is now located). The article also mentions that the company is looking to open a second production line since 2017 but that it’s hard/impossible to find the right people to operate it.

It will be interesting to see if, how and when the company will be able to solve these problems in the future.

MythReindeer

Reaction score
Bookcore got me thinking about Tyroleans. I have narrow feet—am I out of luck with Paraboots? Or the style in general?

I can’t find anywhere that sells them around me, and the Paraboot site’s stockist list seems out of date.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bookcore got me thinking about Tyroleans. I have narrow feet—am I out of luck with Paraboots? Or the style in general?

I can’t find anywhere that sells them around me, and the Paraboot site’s stockist list seems out of date.

Paraboots are actually on the narrow end of medium fit. Heschungs are def more generous.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on your feet but I’m a narrow in Birkenstocks sizing and can wear Paraboot fine. The style is better off with thicker socks so that can also fill up the space a little.

slvth

Reaction score
Another sizing Q for the crew:

Just bought my first pair of Michaels after many years of consideration. I went down half a size from my regular 45eu, but fresh out the box there's just a liiiittle slippage in the heel and I still feel like there's some room in the toe box. With the shoes on, tied, wearing "medium" thick socks - flexing my toes brings them up to just before the curve of the top seam at the front of the shoe. I could definitely wear them, but wonder if I'd be better going down another .5eu in size...

I know the general consensus is that the french wear their shoes with their toes basically touching the front of the shoe so my question for the Michael owners in this thread is... how have you guys found them to fit most comfortably in the long run? No-to-little room in the toe box or with a centimeter or two gap to the front?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo20