• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
UPDATE: Islay tan scotchgrain GMTO

Ms. Alex V. Just sent me the Price brackets

“The price for this GMTO (inclusive of VAT) would be as follows:

£687 with a minimum of 6 participant.

£657 with a minimum of 10 participant.

If you all decide to make this Islay with half bellows tongue, the would be a surcharge of £50 for pattern change.”

Excluding VAT for non UK participants the price has to be divided by 1,2.

6 participants 573 GBP excluding VAT
10 participants 548 GBP

With the half bellows tongue option exclud. of VAT
614 GBP for 6 participants
And
589 for 10 participants

Please consider: Keep in mind a single MTO is approximately 300 GBP on top of the regular brown Islay base price of 625 GBP + 50 for half bellows tongue = 975 GBP.
(Of course a Roughout Suede GMTOs were about 100 GBP cheaper due to the leather.)

IMG_7003.png
IMG_7024.jpeg

Moostyle

Reaction score
Hi all... how do I get an GMTO added to the Excel sheet? Is there an admin or do I just somehow add a tab myself? I couldn't see a way to edit the sheet unless I am being blind. :)

Shoemog

Reaction score

If you all decide to make this Islay with half bellows tongue, the would be a surcharge of £50 for pattern change.”

10 participants 548 GBP

And
589 for 10 participants

Please consider: Keep in mind a single MTO is approximately 300 GBP on top of the regular brown Islay base price of 625 GBP + 50 for half bellows tongue = 975 GBP.
(Of course a Roughout Suede GMTOs were about 100 GBP cheaper due to the leather.)

View attachment 2160175 View attachment 2160177
Sorry but does that mean if ONE person does a MTO (special size or colour etc.) then that's the £300 extra but in this case it's prices (690 /660 depending on numbers).

Half bellows is complete no brainer with outdoor boots. No idea why CJ doesn't do that as standard. I think only the Snowdon has it. It's v v annoying as tongue goes all over the place for me (on Aldershot). Why I end up going to trickers for boots.

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
Sorry but does that mean if ONE person does a MTO (special size or colour etc.) then that's the £300 extra but in this case it's prices (690 /660 depending on numbers).

Half bellows is complete no brainer with outdoor boots. No idea why CJ doesn't do that as standard. I think only the Snowdon has it. It's v v annoying as tongue goes all over the place for me (on Aldershot). Why I end up going to trickers for boots.
Yeah exactly half bellows should be standard

And yes, if you were to do the tan SC Islay by yourself it would cost about 280 GBP extra

I have trickers but I don’t get along with their Lasts

Last edited:

Shoemog

Reaction score
Thanks.

On another note - was reading above on some disgruntled forum posters about the quality of their mto orders. What is c& j like in general then?
Also do they do bellows nicely??

Shoemog

Reaction score
Sorry another thought apols - kudu or deer or even goat skin leather. Any experience in this? Seen a lot from Cheney's & Trickers but I am guessing it's cheaper leather so the others don't use.
Ask for possible gmto ideas.

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
Thanks.

On another note - was reading above on some disgruntled forum posters about the quality of their mto orders. What is c& j like in general then?
Also do they do bellows nicely??
Consensus is that cj kept quality where carmina went sloppy… I think trickers as well keep quality standards high

lurker33

Reaction score
Sorry another thought apols - kudu or deer or even goat skin leather. Any experience in this? Seen a lot from Cheney's & Trickers but I am guessing it's cheaper leather so the others don't use.
Ask for possible gmto ideas.
I like kudu and deer, but apart from the natural scarring of the kudu (and to an extent deer), there is not much difference from your standard calf. It doesn't stand out like exotics or shell.

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score

10 participants 548 GBP

And
589 for 10 participants

View attachment 2160175 View attachment 2160177
So who ever wants to participate for the tan scotchgrain Islay please contact Alex V at Cj via [email protected]

(The turnbull mail address is old now so use the one above)

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
Is it possible to get them with less ski hooks? Who likes those things anyway???

I had boots with less speed hooks more eyelets and I hated it. You have to de-lace the upper eyelets then lace back after the foot is in. Speedhooks are much more convenient. but I suppose any cobbler can change it to eyelets. That been said the configuration is set and submitted to CJ last week.

Shoemog

Reaction score
I had boots with less speed hooks more eyelets and I hated it. You have to de-lace the upper eyelets then lace back after the foot is in. Speedhooks are much more convenient. but I suppose any cobbler can change it to eyelets. That been said the configuration is set and submitted to CJ last week.
Yeah got an email from Alex. Did you know how many went through in the end? Was quoted the 6+ price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads