• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Definitive Information about Isaia Suit / Sportcoat Models

cksnipe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know the models have been discussed before, but I spoke with a rep from Isaia and she typed out descriptions of all of the models from their marketing manual and emailed it to me. Hope this helps!

"Sorry that it took so long to get back to you about the body types. Hope this answers all of your questions! Let me know if you need anything else!

The Sirio ( S Body aka base S)- The most popular body within the Isaia line is also the fullest in structure The S Body is the base in the collection from which all others are derives. Defined by its classic Neapolitan natural shoulder, this garment was shortened slightly in 2008 to give it a more contemporary expression. This model as with all Isaia garments is available in 2 or 3 button, peak and notch lapels, single or double breasted.

The Vesuvio (V body aka base V)- A tad more suppressed in the torso than the S body, these garments are defined by their rope shoulder, and even higher armhole.

The Tribeca (T-Body aka base T)- The T body has a suppressed torso similar to the V-body. A lightly roped shoulder and very fitted sleeve- similar to that of a sweater.

The Gregory (g-body)- Similar to the S body yet defined by a softer shoulder, this design carries a shorter body, and a mildly tapered sleeve.

The Dustin Body (d- Body) This model has an even softer shoulder than the S Body, and even more natural deconstructed shoulder and is generally styled in a French face/half lined jacket. This shoulder shows "grinze" creases/pleating at the sleeve head. This soft jacket is usually accompanied by a 3 patch pocket.

The X Body- Similar to the G body characterized by the single button closure which created a more fitted midsection with in the garment.

730 Fifth Avenue, #1004
New York, NY 10019"

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the key to your comments that that the Isaia rep is referring to a marketing
manuel. My comments on the thread re: comparing Isaia, Kiton and Brioni address
the changes in Isaia.

In my experience the current "Base S" model is significantly different from previous
versions to the point where silhouette and even size differ. See my remarks:

In addition to the preceding comments, the vendors change the cut
over time even within the "models". Case in point, A year or so ago
I was a 44R in the Isaia Base S model at Saks and Niemans. (I own a Sirio
which is the immediate predecessor model which has natural shoulders
and some drape) Last year's Base S fit more or less the same as the Sirio.
In this years Base S, at least in the San Francisco Niemans and Saks,
I might take a 46 R even though I've lost about 5 lbs (2.2 Kilos)
around the midsection. In addition, the jacket is shorter and the
shoulders are no longer natural. I would never buy the model.
(BTW, in October Paul Stuart has (had?) an Isaia which had
the exact cut I prefer: Very natural shoulders, longer coat,
drape. A bargain at $6000 !!. at Paul Stuart. The salesman
was apologetic. I was apoplectic.)

The sales person at Niemans rattled on that a younger generation
was now running Isaia and was striving for god knows what. She
used terms like "sartorial" "younger expression" and other
"fashion babble". If Isaia wants to sell to hollow-chested
narrow-shouldered wimps of the sort who infest The Sartorialist,
fine. I won't buy their clothes anymore.

instep

Reaction score
Thanks - great info!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics