• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you guys ever received those Blue Miltons? I am just asking in case anybody has 10 F coming and if they do not fit or you have changed your mind I might be interested.

Itsuo

Reaction score

This does seem quite a large amount, but we would be happy to take pre-orders and them make up the difference to this figure.

Seems to me if we were looking for a fairly routine make up (similar to those that came before) and got 5+ locked in, with AFPoS looking to order a few more for their stocklist it would be business as usual. The only issue is when can we start and what would lead times look like?

While I'm excited by the prospect at getting this MTO going again I don't get the impression that all is well with AS. Or maybe they're just experiencing too much success with their J.Crew venture? But their responsiveness otherwise seems muted.

Joshua Lee

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a rerun of the miller boot? Dark cognac/pebble grain (or scotch grain) combo.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Julian or Sarah,

I am very much interested in organizing another MTO through you guys. I was wondering if you could tell us or post a pictures preferably pin grain colors. I know AS has at least dark brown pin grain leather but are there any others.

Thank you in advance.

Afinepairofshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Julian or Sarah,

I am very much interested in organizing another MTO through you guys. I was wondering if you could tell us or post a pictures preferably pin grain colors. I know AS has at least dark brown pin grain leather but are there any others.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Laufer - I have requested samples from AS of all the Pin Grain colours available and will post here when they come in.

Afinepairofshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Laufer - I have requested samples from AS of all the Pin Grain colours available and will post here when they come in.

At present Dark Brown pin grain is currently the only option for smaller runs due to the large minimum order now required from the tanneries for other colours.

Let me know if I can help further.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At present Dark Brown pin grain is currently the only option for smaller runs due to the large minimum order now required from the tanneries for other colours.

Let me know if I can help further.

I see. Thank you so much for your assistance.

On the other hand I have question about the sizing. I am comfortable in size 10 F in lasts 109 and 724. What size would you recommend for the last 87?

Swede66

Reaction score

Would anyone be interested in a rerun of the miller boot? Dark cognac/pebble grain (or scotch grain) combo.
This is an amazing boot. What sole are you considering, dainite or double leather? Would it be shell cognac and calf grain or all calf?

Afinepairofshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I see. Thank you so much for your assistance.

On the other hand I have question about the sizing. I am comfortable in size 10 F in lasts 109 and 724. What size would you recommend for the last 87?

On balance I would stick with the 10F in the 87, it is slightly shorter in length than the 109 but similar width to the 724 last.

Swede66

Reaction score

I'm open to both dainite or double leather with toe taps in shell cognac and grain upper. 

Any indication on price? May be interested, it is a killer boot. An alternative for me would be to have a similar boot done by Vass, but price can be a discriminating factor between the two.

Last edited:

Afinepairofshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any indication on price? May be interested, it is a killer boot. An alternative for me would be to have a similar boot done by Vass, but price can be a discriminating factor between the two.

For this specification of boot with Horween Cordovan we would be looking at the same price as the last mto of £541.66 ex VAT outside of the EU including delivery.

Joshua Lee

Reaction score
Quote:
Probably around 650 GBP (Inc VAT), with a 6 month delivery date, and would require 15 people. Edit: APS posted the price excluding AT above.

I'm thinking about getting the boot done by Carmina as a group MTO (875$) with a 3 month delivery time.

Carmina rain last,
Model: 80092 W/ short wing (no brogue)
blind eyelets
Scotch grain/dark cognac shell
Double leather soles

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I know what your saying but you have to realize that the finishing on AS is fantastic in comparison. The AS are made to handgrade qualifications and the carmina are benchgrade. Huge different in finishings/quality/durability. I really enjoy my AS Millers and I would be super interested in another boot by AS

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads