• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wythe Official Thread - this ain't your meemaw's yeehaw

goalaso

Reaction score
Riding on @CPAJay1221 raglan balmacaan coat posting, if anyone has this coat but in the original *2021* Wythe version (with a distinct though similar beige/cream donegal fabric), in medium or large, send me a PM.

ghh923

Reaction score
So the Wythe "Heritage Tan" was different than the NMWA bal offered the same year in--as you say--a similar cream color? I didn't know that.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the Wythe "Heritage Tan" was different than the NMWA bal offered the same year in--as you say--a similar cream color? I didn't know that.
I thought they were the same. The medium I had was def directly from Wythe and the same as this one aside from the size. The black and cream one was original to NMWA in 2021 before Wythe released the remake in 2022.

They did make that snake looking donegal. That is my all time favorite. I think that was 2020. I’ll never give that one up.

goalaso

Reaction score
I thought they were the same. The medium I had was def directly from Wythe and the same as this one aside from the size. The black and cream one was original to NMWA in 2021 before Wythe released the remake in 2022.

They did make that snake looking donegal. That is my all time favorite. I think that was 2020. I’ll never give that one up.
Yes, my mistake, I guess I meant 2020. I mean the very first tan/cream one they made. It was a much more multicolored, variegated donegal- though in photos, looks very similar. Not sure if "snake looking donegal" is a typo, but I think this 2020 one may be what you're referring to. I noticed the difference in person when I was excited about the next year's version, and they told me that the cloths are never the same year to year, and each donegal cream has its own distinct variations. The 2020 original version (i think that was the year) had blues and some touches of red, it was much more colorful and flecked than later years. That's the version I'd cop in an instant from anyone, pm me :) but it's a super long shot i know

45bur

Reaction score
I'm a fan. Great, versatile shade of brown. Would have prefered it in a light brown/tan roughout though

Bingham

Reaction score
Long shot, but if anyone has the 3sixteen collab hat in black that is just gathering dust, I would be interested it purchasing!

sabmoll

Reaction score
Howdy!
To those who have tried them all: how would you compare Wythe‘s OCBD to BB Made in USA or Drake‘s? From what I’ve read here, I’d expect Wythe to be less formal and come with that „worn in“ feeling?

As for sizing, is the shrinking limited to sleeves and body or all around?

I’m a 15.75 (40) in shirts and would gravitate towards a 16 in Wythe of the shrinking affects all expects of the shirt.

asewonder

Reaction score
Before I return it, anyone looking for a Brown Moleskin in S (NWT) from this season? $140 shipped.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What size did you go with? I've been looking at some of their flannels, this one in particular. I went with the XL in the moleskin, which fits great in the shoulders/chest, but will need to be shortened a bit in the sleeve and body. Looking at measurements, it seems like the flannels are a bit more relaxed/oversized compared to the moleskin shirts. Did you find that to be the case?

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What size did you go with? I've been looking at some of their flannels, this one in particular. I went with the XL in the moleskin, which fits great in the shoulders/chest, but will need to be shortened a bit in the sleeve and body. Looking at measurements, it seems like the flannels are a bit more relaxed/oversized compared to the moleskin shirts. Did you find that to be the case?

I don’t have a moleskin so I can’t compare with that. I’m a 42 chest and normally get L in shirts. I went down to a M on this. The chest measurement on the L was just too big for me. As usual, I would ideally get a medium and a half.

heebalabala

Reaction score
The flannels are definitely more relaxed than the moleskins -- I've tried both. I take a M as my usual size and a M flannel works fine, if not roomy, while the M moleskins were more snug.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy!
To those who have tried them all: how would you compare Wythe‘s OCBD to BB Made in USA or Drake‘s? From what I’ve read here, I’d expect Wythe to be less formal and come with that „worn in“ feeling?

As for sizing, is the shrinking limited to sleeves and body or all around?

I’m a 15.75 (40) in shirts and would gravitate towards a 16 in Wythe of the shrinking affects all expects of the shirt.

let me lead by saying i've not handled the other shirts. But yes, the wythe ocbd has a worn-in vibe. i went with a 15 and the neck is somewhere around 15.25 after several washes now, with about another quarter inch of give if i pull on the collar. i didn't do any inspection about its shrinkage in general, but i can say it fits how i expected a regular fit 15 to fit.

mariokart24

Reaction score
I recently copped the new cowichan. It's an amazing sweater. I can tell this will be a favorite for years to come. Like a less overpriced & obnoxious version of the RRL cardigans. Similarly, I could never get myself to buy one of the dandier cardigans like what Drake's sell, but this one feels just right

Would note that all of the Peru-made knitwear I handled in the store was very well made. The cowichans and the cablenecks are truly unique pieces.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads