• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WS19

Reaction score
What do people think about wool blend fabric for year-round wear in a warm temperate climate (Sydney)? Considering having a suit made in Holland & Sherry S120 60% wool/40% polyester blend. It won't be my most frequently-worn suit.

I've seen similar 100% wool options that I like, but they are S140.

Last edited:

camez_

Reaction score
What do people think about wool blend fabric for year-round wear in a warm temperate climate (Sydney)? Considering having a suit made in Holland & Sherry S120 60% wool/40% polyester blend. It won't be my most frequently-worn suit.

You won't get any positive feedback on poly blends in here. Try travel/high twist cloth for this purpose. Get 2-3 and rotate.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’m confused: holland & sherry offers a 40% polyester fabric? I find that hard to believe (and I am not a h&s fan - not for me, not say it it’s bad).
You won't get any positive feedback on poly blends in here. Try travel/high twist cloth for this purpose. Get 2-3 and rotate.
I’d second this.

WS19

Reaction score
I’m confused: holland & sherry offers a 40% polyester fabric? I find that hard to believe (and I am not a h&s fan - not for me, not say it it’s bad).
Yes, it's from the Riviera collection. Haven't handled it in person, I've just been looking at it online and noticed the 40% polyester, which put me off.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The usual problem with that color. By the time you want it, you're usually not needing a suit. But weekends, perhaps, or if you live out in the desert? On the east coast, you can wear a lighter tan for business in the summer.
Totally agreed. For me, fa 5. But, that new one looks really nice too. With a Florentine tailor, no dart in the front. Something I’m thinking about. I think it’d be cool as a suit. Maybe it’d be tough to wear for business (but I think tan suits are tough to wear for business anyways).

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's a wild amount of polyester. MAYBE for the most beater of (cheap) beater suits, but even then I'd look anywhere else first. Especially if you're going bespoke/close to it

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The usual problem with that color. By the time you want it, you're usually not needing a suit. But weekends, perhaps, or if you live out in the desert? On the east coast, you can wear a lighter tan for business in the summer.
Totally agree - I like the idea of a tan suit but can’t justify it. That new fox fabric will sit in my idea bank for a while. It’s like a neat suit to have but I’m not sure where I’d wear it.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Add a fedora and go to a baseball game, perhaps.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Totally agree - I like the idea of a tan suit but can’t justify it. That new fox fabric will sit in my idea bank for a while. It’s like a neat suit to have but I’m not sure where I’d wear it.
A presidential press conference, surely!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've never been to Singapore or s/e Asia and i've really been wondering is there any apparel that is comfortable outside for any length of time , or is the climate just really inhospitable ?

i mean , if you were naked would it be more comfortable or is even that hard to do in such a humid climate ? if it were a matter of breathability I will bet right now that I could beat that humidity in a tailoring fabric no less

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've never been to Singapore or s/e Asia and i've really been wondering is there any apparel that is comfortable outside for any length of time , or is the climate just really inhospitable ?

i mean , if you were naked would it be more comfortable or is even that hard to do in such a humid climate ? if it were a matter of breathability I will bet right now that I could beat that humidity in a tailoring fabric no less
I lived in Malaysia for the first 17 years of my life and one of the major reasons which prompted my move to Australia is the extreme humidity. Unless you are rich uncle pennybags and spend less than a minute in the outdoors getting shuffled from airconditioned building to airconditioned transport, you're gonna sweat in shorts and singlet/tee in less than 5 minutes outdoors with no air-conditioning. I wouldn't even consider wearing a suit there till the sun drops!

epsilon22

Reaction score
My experience was, if it's 30C+ and humid outside, you'd sweat even if you just dipped yourself inside a swimming pool 2 minutes ago. Tropical wool and linen are nice because they dry quickly so you don't look like an absolute mess at work or events, just aim to arrive 10-15 minutes early so you could cool down a bit.

When my friends ask me how I'm liking NYC's climate I always tell them I hate the summer here, and I equally hate the winter. But at least that leaves me hating 50% of the whole year's weather, that's twice as good as me hating 100% of the whole SEA's weather.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fasdff