• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome... simply awesome. I think I'll get around to taking some measurements sooner rather than later, even if I don't exactly have the disposable income right now heh. I wanna be one of the first to own one of these bad ass suits before the tickets jump in on the action.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
One more question now that I think of it... will you be offering a mail in swatch service? If there are a few fabrics that I'm interested in, you would them mail out, and charge a fee per swatch.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
hmm...the mail swatch service is something to consider. right now it's not an option, but it's a good idea.

don't worry, you'll never be a 'ticket'
wink.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Any plans on extending your customization options to other parts of the line?

you mean if i do shirts/knitwear? With shirts, definitely, as guys have different arms etc. I would definitely like to keep shirt prices around the Jantzen level, but a lot of that will depend on how much the fabric costs me. Realistically this will happen before knitwear, even tho I *really* want a knitwear line too.

with knitwear, I don't know, as I don't have a manufacturer yet. *I just thought of someplace that I could try, but need to see if their pricing and quality is good.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For myself, and I'm sure that and the majority of people here trust your choices of fabrics knowing that they're good quality (for the price), as well as stylish. It's good to know that the fabric wasn't chosen by some schmuck looking to make a pile of cash from chosing the crapiest crap that's ever rolled out of a textile mill.

For the most picky/colour conscious though, they might prefer the swatch service.

Very interested in the knitwear/dress shirt line too.

tundrafour

Reaction score
Really cool. It must be exciting to be getting this project off the ground, as well as to be getting so much positive feedback on it! I will be ordering a suit, hopefully sooner than later. I hope I'll be able to pull it off! Random comments: I agree with earlier suggestions to clean up the text in the "About" section a bit; love the socks in row two, photo five; do you not somehow wind up looking slightly like Kim Jong Il in the thumbnail for photo two, row three?
wink.gif

seanchai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
knitwear....as soon as I find a good maker. I used to buy knitwear from this one local fellow that made 1940s cableknit sweater repros and the quality was really good so I wanted to use his source, but he's in prison for some **** or another so I have to find different resources, but this is one area i *really* want to get into, as it will be more affordable daily wear items for someone that can't swing the suit. (and I want to make my own cardigans that I cant readily find)

HARDCORE

I covet your cardigans, so I look forward to buying them and being a Get Smartalike.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Took a look at your site when I saw the bulletin on MySpace. Very nice. Simplistic. Only thing I'd do is use proper capitalization in the About section.
teacha.gif
I'd actually consider getting the three button now, as its stance isn't quite so high looking with only the middle buttoned in one of the photos. Be nice if it could be a bit lower, but ah. Guess I'll have to wait and see if you make a three-roll-two or two button. Which'd have to be really popular demand since you said you don't like them.
bounce2.gif
Looking forward to the knitwear. If you make cardigans anything like the Browne ones you and I like, you'll definitely have a customer out of me. Question about your sizing... would a 40 be okay if I'm looking for a slightly looser fit? I have broader shoulders than the ones on the 38, too. My only concern is the trouser... 40 comes with 34s. :-/ Wish I could switch them out for the 32s since I heard taking in trouser waists more than an inch can be problematic. Also, are the trousers regular rise or low rise? It's kind of hard to tell in some pictures. Speaking of trousers, I have to ask... how many pockets on the back and what style of side pockets? Best of luck, Jason.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really classy. Congratualtions on the launch and many props for the entrepreneurial spirit there. I think the line on the peak lapel is really superb -- I saw some Corneilianis that looked like costume.

Regards,
Huntsman

Analog

Reaction score
Get Smart - would you mind telling us the height/weight of the two wonderful models in the "Showroom" section
smile.gif

TheOneTrueMatt

Reaction score
These look fantastic. Been waiting to hear when these would be available. Definitely on my list of clothing purchases for this year.

G&H

Reaction score
Just got done browsing through the site, and I really like what you're doing man. And I really dig the first line in the 'about' section.

I'm in LA so I'll be stopping by the store to see the suits in person, and hopefully will make my first suit purchase from you. Keep it up.
smile.gif

nino

Reaction score
Wait, so youre going to have custom shirts ala Jantzen around the same pricepoint? Awesome, just awesome. Ive been planning a suit purchase for the summer but on my college student budget I was dreading having to buy some off the rack department store suit. Now I'm excited! Now the big question. Are there enough custom options to make one fit my 6'5" 230lb frame (approx 44l jacket, 38 trousers i believe). How much exactly is customizable (shoulder width, jacket length)? Im off the end of your RTW scale. Sorry for so many questions, I'm strictly "Streetwear" at this point and viewing this as my possible first foray into "Men's Clothing". Regardless, congrats on making it happen. It has to be a good feeling to turn a bright idea into a reality.
Originally Posted by Get Smart
you mean if i do shirts/knitwear? With shirts, definitely, as guys have different arms etc. I would definitely like to keep shirt prices around the Jantzen level, but a lot of that will depend on how much the fabric costs me. Realistically this will happen before knitwear, even tho I *really* want a knitwear line too. with knitwear, I don't know, as I don't have a manufacturer yet. *I just thought of someplace that I could try, but need to see if their pricing and quality is good.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
answer:

Jovan, yes you can mix/match jacket-trouser. and yes the size 40 will fit more relaxed (aka normal) than a 38, if that's your regular size.

analog, I'm about 5'10 153lbs.....Kevin is *i think* 6'3" 170 lbs (i'm guessing on his weight)

blvd dandy, yes you can only just a jacket for $275 (prorated with SF discount)

nino, Ideally I'd want to have shirts in the Jantzen range...they might be a little bit higher, but hopefully not much. I know what it's going to cost me to actually make each shirt, but the variable is how much the fabric will be. Initially I'm just going to start with making "the perfect white shirt" and maybe some checks. and get some good MoP buttons, which shouldnt be hard as I know one of the largest button manufacturer's/suppliers in the area.

and thanks everyone for the good words!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads