• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Leather Artisans Appreciation Thread

mikecch

Reaction score
Check your e-mail
smile.gif

Btw, no need to cross-post PMs in this thread; just send me the PM, I do check them.
Let's keep this thread full of pictures and updates!

Here's an update on my unofficial contest belt for the Roy x Cone contest, natural vegetable tanned double-horse butt (17.5 oz).

Been trying to get it ready for NY when the contest will start.
I've tanned it gently in the sunlight for a couple of days, and have applied 2 layers of horse oil and 1 layer of beeswax on both sides - it has darkened slightly (was white/pink when new), and the classic horsehide grain appearance is popping up:

pc260002.jpg

pc260006.jpg

Should be good to go come 00:01 on the 01/01/11.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ivan k
Unlucky messenger bag:
dsc01229w.jpg
dsc01230u.jpg
Action shot:
dsc01237x.jpg

hey ivan, do you have any evo pics of your messenger bag? i know its only been a few months but i was wondering how its turning out. what leather did he use? im in the process of ordering a chromexcel messenger bag that im really quite excited for.

that_was_easy

Reaction score
Many thanks for continuously bumping this thread, or I may not have seen it. In. PM'd.

mikecch

Reaction score
Unlucky project interest-list has now closed! Hopefully I will be able to put up some details, photos and notes about our process by the end of this month
smile.gif
P.S. Thank you to all those participating - we'll hopefully get the final little details sorted out and e-mail you the order form soon!

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
holy **** crump that is an awesome design.

what leather did he use?

im getting excited to get my chromexcel messenger ... maybe another week!

Crump's Brother

Reaction score
the design of the bag is based off the saddleback briefecase

dimensions: about 16"x11.5"x7.5"
materials: cowhide w/ horsehide accents

the accent piece w/ the wing tip design kinda came about later in the development of the bag...i initially didn't plan on having that but after the straps and buckles were put on i decided it needed something else

i came up w/ the shape and idea and asked if he would be able to do the perforations w/ a hole punch and if there would be enough room in the middle for a design...he drew a design, i modified it, and then he finished it off

the bag is amazing

i was very patient waiting for it...it was scheduled to arrive 12/23 but got lost somewhere in transit and i just picked it up at the post office on 1/6

if anyone wants to see more pics just let me know what in particular you want to see and i can snap some photos

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads