• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? You guys like parkway?

If you like being swindled out of your money, parkway will do it! I don’t know what they do that’s so special, but they certainly charge a ton.

One of my tailors / friends in New York told me about Jeeves, haha. We had a laugh about the prices. He wasn’t going back. I thought parkway was expensive going up to 100 for a jacket. Jeeves is knocking on the door of 200.

I think with parkway, you’re paying for the service. They price discriminate based on the brand you bring them. I asked them what was different about their process for a Zegna jacket vs. kiton vs. bespoke. They told me nothing but charge varying prices for each. Maybe it just left a bad taste in my mouth. Oh yeah, and then pearl buttons. They charge $5/button to take off / on plus, they use polyester thread to sew it back on.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never gotten a mtm shirt from Ezra but he has a limited selection of otr dress shirts that I think are a fantastic value at $170. Obviously that's not cheap but they're excellent quality.
Better off just sale-shopping the luxury brands at that price. iSuit, itlaist, Sartoriale, etc.

bobbers

Reaction score
Better off just sale-shopping the luxury brands at that price. iSuit, itlaist, Sartoriale, etc.

One issue I have with buying off the rack luxury shirts: many I come across are sized only by the neck dimension. The sleeves are almost always extra long on me, so I have to take the sleeves to be shortened. As a result, the gauntlet button might not be centered properly which of course its a tiny issue 99.9% of people will never notice.

And then of course the fit issue. I don't fit off the rack well most of the time and many vendors don't always provide the garment measurements when buying.

jssdc

Reaction score
Really? You guys like parkway?

If you like being swindled out of your money, parkway will do it! I don’t know what they do that’s so special, but they certainly charge a ton.

One of my tailors / friends in New York told me about Jeeves, haha. We had a laugh about the prices. He wasn’t going back. I thought parkway was expensive going up to 100 for a jacket. Jeeves is knocking on the door of 200.

I think with parkway, you’re paying for the service. They price discriminate based on the brand you bring them. I asked them what was different about their process for a Zegna jacket vs. kiton vs. bespoke. They told me nothing but charge varying prices for each. Maybe it just left a bad taste in my mouth. Oh yeah, and then pearl buttons. They charge $5/button to take off / on plus, they use polyester thread to sew it back on.
Where do you use instead? I don’t know that I’ve had a jacket or suit cleaned since I moved here but have to be coming up on one at some time or another.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re. Arlington and the subway, it was pretty haphazard in terms of planning. Only recently did it start getting good clustered retail like around the Clarendon area. I used to work closer to the Courthouse stop and you'd have a vacuum cleaner repair place, next to a new Quiznos, next to a place teaching kids tae kwo do...This was up/down Wilson blvd.
I lived in the Courthouse area over 20 years ago, and there wasn't much to do/see other than the movie theater. I rarely venture into Arlington these days, and when I do, it's almost always around Clarendon. The Museum of Contemporary Art Arlington at Virginia Square is quite nice.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just dropped off 4 jackets and 5 pants for alterations….. feels bad man. I know on the other end ill look good and feel good about it but shesh. I need to workout more lol

1709236126671.gif

Last edited:

Keyser_Söze

Reaction score
I lived in the Courthouse area over 20 years ago, and there wasn't much to do/see other than the movie theater. I rarely venture into Arlington these days, and when I do, it's almost always around Clarendon. The Museum of Contemporary Art Arlington at Virginia Square is quite nice.
I don't know much about Clarendon as I've been only once but isn't that primarily just for college aged kids to drink?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about Clarendon as I've been only once but isn't that primarily just for college aged kids to drink?
Mostly 20-30 somethings that live around here I think.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For weekends yeah the area can be quite rowdy. But there are quite a few 30 and 40s young couples, DINKs, young couples with children, and actually quite a few older generation folks one block removed Clarendon Blvd

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of some new born friendly cafes in the Arlington/Alexandra overlap area?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamalrahimany