• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

GGMac

Reaction score
Are there any retailers out there that offer snuff suede Indy boots on the Plaza last? I know B+M has done them before, but nothing is currently available.
Not sure if any offer at the moment but ironically enough I wore mine last night to a fundraiser for my son’s little league. I think this is my favorite shape. I have 6 total pairs of the “Dr Jones” boots. 3 suede (snuff, navy, milkshake) and 3 shell (8, black, whiskey).

I do know Ealdwine has a Color 8 with Mahogany and B+M still offers the 8 with Antique.

Attachments

• IMG_2834.jpeg
    IMG_2834.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 79

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh my @sterlingindigo, that is an insane story. I think I got your boots. Back story, I always appreciate it when Madison reaches out to me but I also understand I am on their ‘B’ list (I get called for Ravello and Cigar but not C2, C4, or Whisky). I get it and take no offense. Which is why I was stunned when they reached out on the OB’s. The really ironic part of the story is that, like you, I was conflicted. Reached out to for some expert advice and @MrDV advised that the OB’s were his most interesting pair of footwear, and with his collection, that is high praise indeed. Pulled the trigger and completely agree, they are easily my most interesting pair of footwear.

Long winded way of saying thanks! I am convinced I have the pair you passed on.
Yeah I went in for a shell belt or something and he pulls these out. I was flabbergasted. I knew Curtis would have zero trouble making someone else’s day with em. Glad they went to a good home!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB LHS in Color 8 & Black shell. The Color 8 were nearly indistinguishable from the black when they got to me.

First of all, this is incredible. Those look like 2 different shoes. But I think an unintentional benefit is to illustrate the versatility of the C8 LHS and why it was my choice to the earlier poster. Two completely disparate outfits (both great BTW but that tweed is next-level good) but one pair of shoes that roll equally well with both.

darknova306

Reaction score
Not sure if any offer at the moment but ironically enough I wore mine last night to a fundraiser for my son’s little league. I think this is my favorite shape. I have 6 total pairs of the “Dr Jones” boots. 3 suede (snuff, navy, milkshake) and 3 shell (8, black, whiskey).

I do know Ealdwine has a Color 8 with Mahogany and B+M still offers the 8 with Antique.
Those look so good... I love my 404s and 405s, but that plaza last is so damn nice.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever you go with, my thanks for starting the conversation. I come here primarily for the shoes but also for the conversation. The Alden thread is the gem of SF in no small part due to conversations like this.

Switching gears, I’m not as consistent as I once was with maintenance or I should be with brushing after each wear. For me, I leave the laces undone to remind me that maintenance is needed. For today, 3 keepers. A quick before…….

View attachment 2142553

And after wiping and brushing……

View attachment 2142559

Not a bit of product. Wiping and brushing. Nothing beats Alden shell. Happy Sunday gang! Have a great day.
Wow, what a pic. Outstanding.

Youx33

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Thanks to a friend living in US, i bought this nice pair of 6243f in 6.5D

Unfortunately (this is the risk of purchasing remotely..), my feet is quite compressed inside :

• lenght is limit but OK (toes are close but never touch)
  • toe box OK
  • width is tight (hallux valgus clearely visible on the pictures)
  • low general volume (height notably)
Does anyone know if this model is getting loose with time ? I wouldn't like to sell them and buy 6.5E (or 7D ??) wrongly..

Finally, do you know the difference of volume between width D and E ?

Thanks for your help
:wink:

IMG_7063.jpg

IMG_7072.jpg

IMG_7081.jpg

IMG_7085.jpg

tuna roll

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Thanks to a friend living in US, i bought this nice pair of 6243f in 6.5D

Unfortunately (this is the risk of purchasing remotely..), my feet is quite compressed inside :

• lenght is limit but OK (toes are close but never touch)
  • toe box OK
  • width is tight (hallux valgus clearely visible on the pictures)
  • low general volume (height notably)
Does anyone know if this model is getting loose with time ? I wouldn't like to sell them and buy 6.5E (or 7D ??) wrongly..

Finally, do you know the difference of volume between width D and E ?

Thanks for your help
:wink:

View attachment 2143653

View attachment 2143657

View attachment 2143659
View attachment 2143661
The difference between a D and an E is about 3/16th of an inch, or ˜4.6mm wider (according to the link below, I haven't checked it). I've read other sources saying it's a small difference so I guess that makes sense.

That' not much but should alleviate any minor pinching. Hard to say if it would solve your issue, but try to see if an extra 5mm could accomodate your protuding hallux valgus.

How much room is there between your longest toe and the end of the toe box (not considering the sole / welt)? My LHS (calf) has about an inch of room (my thumb's width) and feels just right to me, with barely any heel slippage. It's the same with other lasts, but of course this is personal.

Hard to say without seeing it in person but, depending on the toe room, I'd also consider a 7E if I were you.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faux59