• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROCK123

Reaction score
Hi guys as you can see I am a Lurker. The reason for my post is I have been trying to buy the pre-order for the Alden Tera nova boot from Alden brogue shop I have tried 3 different cc and it says declined. I have tried calling them 3 times as well as email no response any help would be great, or I might have to take them off my list for Alden

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi guys as you can see I am a Lurker. The reason for my post is I have been trying to buy the pre-order for the Alden Tera nova boot from Alden brogue shop I have tried 3 different cc and it says declined. I have tried calling them 3 times as well as email no response any help would be great, or I might have to take them off my list for Alden
OK, stupid question, but are you in the USA? Sometimes CC will have issues if trying to use internationally. I had no problem using my cc to pre-order, so I doubt if it is Brogue Shop site issue.

ROCK123

Reaction score
OK, stupid question, but are you in the USA? Sometimes CC will have issues if trying to use internationally. I had no problem using my cc to pre-order, so I doubt if it is Brogue Shop site issue.
Thanks for the response. I am in Nj I have called my cc company and they say they don’t see any transactions so I doubt it’s me. Again if it is I would really like the brouge shop to get back To me but I am not getting good service

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I am in Nj I have called my cc company and they say they don’t see any transactions so I doubt it’s me. Again if it is I would really like the brouge shop to get back To me but I am not getting good service
That's funny, as I have had nothing but good luck with them over the past year or so. They are in California, so there is the time zone thing, plus I have no idea about all the fires on the news and if that may impact them. I think you should keep trying them, as the boots seem worth the effort. You might also want to reach out to Adam at Alden of Carmel, his AOC-92 is the same pebble leather, but with a slightly different toe cap. I'm pretty sure Adam will respond to email.

ROCK123

Reaction score
That's funny, as I have had nothing but good luck with them over the past year or so. They are in California, so there is the time zone thing, plus I have no idea about all the fires on the news and if that may impact them. I think you should keep trying them, as the boots seem worth the effort. You might also want to reach out to Adam at Alden of Carmel, his AOC-92 is the same pebble leather, but with a slightly different toe cap. I'm pretty sure Adam will respond to email.
Thanks I will keep trying

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Adam isn't planning to re run the 92, hence my Terranova pre order.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like I missed something with all this Fight Club like talk. The first rule is we can't talk about it, but I'm unsure of what it is we can't talk about.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1015093 View attachment 1015094 View attachment 1015097 I’m a new poster although I’ve read more posts and ogled more shoe photos than I’d like to admit. About a week ago I got an email from The Shoe Mart saying they had my size in some cordovan chukka boots, at a pretty steep discount ($475). I ordered them almost immediately and when I received them, they appeared to be in near flawless condition except for the heels. Has anyone ever seen these patches sewn on a heel like this? If so, any idea why it was done? And if it were you, would you keep them or send them back? It’s almost $300 savings from full retail price, but those patches do seem to ruin the sleekness and simplicity of the boot. Also not sure what issue might lurk underneath those patches...At the same time, though, they do kind of make them a little unique. Any advice would be much appreciated!
i would keep them. mto at a bargain price.
lucky you

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, that makes sense. I must have secured the last pair available, as I just got them last week. Keep on Brogue then, they will eventually respond.

You did get the last pair and I'll never forgive you for it. Ok, I forgive you, that's an awesome boot you scored.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I glad you snagged the last pair Audog. These things sold lickity split. I have a hammer and nails. I’ll swing by and assist on the build :)

The darker laces set off the brass very well. Blue might work depending on the shade of blue. Looking forward to seeing them.

Thank you bud! Lol I guess I could try 4 different laces at the same time :)

Oh it’s happening. I just can’t discuss it here per SF rules which is understandable. I enjoyed it here and don’t want to jeopardize anything.
Do the rules shift some if/when you become an affiliate vendor?

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered before. I read both of the Alden FAQ's but could not find an answer. Here's the question -- can those of us who wear unusual sizes place special orders? I wear a 7.5 3E and the selection of shoes in my size at the Shoe Mart web site is very limited. Indy boots in basic brown calf, a PTB with a lugged sole, and a black calfskin cap toe bal. That's it. They don't have anything else in stock in 7.5 3E.

Suppose I wanted to buy a shell penny loafer, or an Indy boot in a color other than basic brown calf -- is it possible to do this via special order? It sounds like this might require a really lengthy wait. That's OK, but if I'm willing to wait, are there more choices available? Also, how do I place a one-off order like this? Lots of retailers seem to be taking group orders for special Alden x Whatever models, but what about a standard model, with no modifications, in a nonstandard size and width?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members