• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just took delivery of the navy waxed jacket, man is it nice! A bit sorry that I missed out on the green one now - both are completely out of stock Size small fits perfectly snug, so no room for layering, but the quality and attention to detail is on point. I am hoping the all cotton construction will loosen up a hair in the arms and shoulders.

In the same order I also received a size large zip hoodie, which fits perfectly relaxed as a hoodie should without being baggy. I'm glad I read the reviews first for sizing.

milktoast

Reaction score
Personally I'd rather see a steady flow of Oxfords and core items rather than dabbling in 82 different overshirts and sweats!
I’m actually a bit upset that I missed out on some of the nicer overshirts. They had a green one that caught my eyes, just never pulled the trigger.

tmckay2

Reaction score
Personally I'd rather see a steady flow of Oxfords and core items rather than dabbling in 82 different overshirts and sweats!

It's great they have unique offerings from time to time but frustrating that chinos, wool dress pants, basic suits, and standard dress shirts are out of stock for ages for really common sizes. I get tired of checking the site all the time. I would buy waaaaay more stuff if very bland generic offerings were in stock reliably.

GoldenBrahms

Reaction score
It's great they have unique offerings from time to time but frustrating that chinos, wool dress pants, basic suits, and standard dress shirts are out of stock for ages for really common sizes. I get tired of checking the site all the time. I would buy waaaaay more stuff if very bland generic offerings were in stock reliably.

Honestly! It’s frustrating because they seem to really nail the basics so well, and they sell quickly. Now they branch out into all of this athleisure and casual wear, and they’re having to basically liquidate it because so much stock remains. Meanwhile, I can’t get some high-rise trousers in Navy, Grey, Brown, or Green in an all-season fabric in their contemporary fit without going MTO and waiting two months. God forbid I try and get a suit in a 38R Contemporary.

tmckay2

Reaction score
Agreed. I need 38r or 38s depending and both are almost always out in even the most basic suits.

Side note, anyone try the cotton dress trousers? Are they machine washable? I wondered if they would be a little harder wearing than wool dress trousers but dressier than regular chinos.

GoldenBrahms

Reaction score
How's the drape on the quest cotton trousers? Do thet fall cleanly or are they flimsy? https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/green-quest-cotton---high-rise-406094-hr01-ss22

I am taking these in for hemming today, but this thread I posted should give you an idea. They’re not flimsy but neither are they substantial. Drape is fine but they do wrinkle more easily than a typical wool trouser. Soft hand, too.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am taking these in for hemming today, but this thread I posted should give you an idea. They’re not flimsy but neither are they substantial. Drape is fine but they do wrinkle more easily than a typical wool trouser. Soft hand, too.

Thanks, appreciate it. I obviously expect them to wrinkle more than wool trousers, but I was looking for something substantial that won't look all wrinkled up by the end of the day and that can hold a relatively sharp crease with clean drape. Probably wouldn't hesitate if they were somewhat heavier. at 290-310g, I'm hesitant.

GoldenBrahms

Reaction score
Thanks, appreciate it. I obviously expect them to wrinkle more than wool trousers, but I was looking for something substantial that won't look all wrinkled up by the end of the day and that can hold a relatively sharp crease with clean drape. Probably wouldn't hesitate if they were somewhat heavier. at 290-310g, I'm hesitant.

I definitely feel like these will be pretty wrinkled by the end of a day of wear. I’d probably suggest holding off if the wrinkles bother you. In the pictures, I had worn them for maybe 10 minutes or so - straight from the box, no pressing or anything.

conak

Reaction score
How's the drape on the quest cotton trousers? Do thet fall cleanly or are they flimsy? https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/green-quest-cotton---high-rise-406094-hr01-ss22

I had a suit made up by SM in Quest prior to their offering one RTW, and its a more robust fabric than I'd imagined. I wear it for Spring and Fall, not summer. The trousers hold a crease surprisingly well but do wrinkle. The wrinkles come out pretty well by hanging and light steam, though. I really like the fabric.

dogjaeja

Reaction score
What’s the consensus on the chore coat sizing? Looking at the linen as well cotton one. Do I size up? TTS?

There's also a cotton seersucker available. I'm thinking of sizing up (S/38 instead of XS/36) for a more relaxed fit. It's been hitting 100F where I'm at and I've been going for comfy fits and that still cover up my skin.

Imperatores

Reaction score
I'm thinking of sizing up (S/38 instead of XS/36) for a more relaxed fit.

Have you looked at the measurements chart? I can't fathom why anyone would consider sizing up in the chore coats, assuming that the charts are correct. They're roomier in the shoulders and chest than overcoats in the same size. I haven't actually tried one myself though, and the charts does tend to be unreliable at best. Anyway, my point was just that I'd be very careful with sizing up unless returns are easy for you.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
There is now a 25% sale on far more items. I grabbed the last pair of charcoal covert in my size.

Thanks for this heads-up! Grabbed a pair of the high-rise linen/denim trousers and an oxford nep overshirt for great prices net of the 25%.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elexzar