• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isolar

Reaction score

Yeah absolutely, you're right. I'm not 100% comfortable putting that much money away, even though I'm getting it back later but you're right :)

I was interested in what size you guys would guess that I am though, just to get an idea about sizing!

No problem, man. I can only speak for the L17, but I wear a 48 and it fits me pretty great. I'm taller though, about 187 cm. I say go for 46, then exchange it if you need to.

3verlong

Reaction score

No problem, man. I can only speak for the L17, but I wear a 48 and it fits me pretty great. I'm taller though, about 187 cm. I say go for 46, then exchange it if you need to.

Okay, thanks! I'll do that. The only thing I'm worried about is that if I choose the L01 in 46, the shoulders are only 40cm. When I measure that on my own body, It's obviously really small since mine are 43-44, but I guess since it fit the other guy with 44cm shoulders it should fit me. Just seems weird :)

dtolo

Reaction score
Sorry to state the obvious, but you do realize that posted shoulder measurements are measuring from seam to seam, not the full width that your shoulders fit into? (your shoulders extend past the seams when worn)
Perhaps measure another jacket you own and compare?

Prudy

Reaction score

Sorry to state the obvious, but you do realize that posted shoulder measurements are measuring from seam to seam, not the full width that your shoulders fit into? (your shoulders extend past the seams when worn)

? Shoulder measurements are from seam to seam across the back. If you measured the way you suggest you would always be buying clothes way too big for you.

Last edited:

3verlong

Reaction score

Sorry if I dont understand you fully, but I am measuring myself shoulder joint to shoulder joint. The bones, not my shoulder muscles. Then comparing to the site which has to be seam to seam, at the widest point, no?

Last edited:

dtolo

Reaction score
? Shoulder measurements are from seam to seam across the back. If you measured the way you suggest you would always be buying clothes way too big for you.

Yes this is what I'm saying, measurements are seam to seam, not the full width

Prudy

Reaction score

dtolo

Reaction score
Sorry if I dont understand you fully, but I am measuring myself shoulder joint to shoulder joint. The bones, not my shoulder muscles. Then comparing to the site which has to be seam to seam, at the widest point, no?
I was just suggesting it may be easier to compare the posted measurements against another jacket you own rather than trying to measure your body.

Prudy

Reaction score
Okay, thanks! I'll do that. The only thing I'm worried about is that if I choose the L01 in 46, the shoulders are only 40cm. When I measure that on my own body, It's obviously really small since mine are 43-44, but I guess since it fit the other guy with 44cm shoulders it should fit me. Just seems weird
smile.gif

With SLP the style is cropped and boxy so it works to go a few cm smaller on many occasions - leathers are a good candidate for this as they stretch to your body with wear.

I think my actual shoulder measurements are around 43cm but I often buy SLP jackets with 41.5 or 42cm shoulder measurements, depending on style and materials. If I buy something with 43cm shoulder measurements the proportions are often off in the body and length as they correspond to a bigger size and don't succeed in the fit I'm after.

This really depends on your personal body proportions - I'm super boxy, not V or pear-shaped so if I don't go with smaller shoulder widths SLP styling looks less than ideal on me.

Last edited:

dtolo

Reaction score
With SLP the style is cropped and tight, so it works to go a few cm smaller on many occasions - leathers are a good candidate for this as they stretch to your body with wear.

I think my actual shoulder measurements are around 43cm but I often buy SLP jackets with 41.5 or 42cm shoulder measurements, depending on style and materials. If I buy something with 43cm shoulder measurements the proportions are often off in the body and length as they correspond to a bigger size and don't succeed in the fit I'm after.
Yep, fully agree.

That's basically my point, the seam-to-seam measurement will be smaller than your actual shoulder measurement.

Cheers,

echau

Reaction score

Okay, thanks! I'll do that. The only thing I'm worried about is that if I choose the L01 in 46, the shoulders are only 40cm. When I measure that on my own body, It's obviously really small since mine are 43-44, but I guess since it fit the other guy with 44cm shoulders it should fit me. Just seems weird :)

Good luck. I have similar measurements to you, but when I tried the 46 on in store, I couldn't move.

OhMe

Reaction score
I been super tempted to buy the palm tree bomber. A year later I still like it and would wear it.

I think the looks are a bit deceiving when it comes to fit. The extra fabric gives the illusion it's bigger than it is. It's made with extra fabric like that. It's not really space for you to fit into. I tried on a smaller than my normal size and realized the construction is just puffy, if that makes any sense.

So may be the solution is to size up...

The 'palms at sunset' teddy is not oversized in my experience. It is completely TTS. Just like the tiger/eagle teddy.

Bear in mind there are two versions - the one you posted @OhMe is the sequinned sleeves version which retailed for around £2400+ instead of £1600. So be sure you're getting the one you actually want.

To prove the point about it being TTS, here are pictures I took when I tried it a year ago. - I'm a (built) sz48. The one I'm wearing here is actually a 50 if I recall, as you can see the sleeves are longer/ruched towards arm opening - was much better on the sz48 I got in the tiger/eagle teddy.

I really hard a hard time deciding between the sunset (sequinned) version vs the tiger/eagle one. In the end I went with the tiger/eagle one because it's a bit more wearable in London which is grey and overcast at the best of times. However in sunnier climes I'd have definitely gone with the palms at sunset one, and I would have, choice given, opted for the sequinned version which is jus that little bit more special IMO.

Many thanks ! It's a big help.

So ok it's TTS and not oversized at all... Now I think I have to go with 48 rather than 46...

Strange how the fit on you looks totally different than in the runway. It's like the model sized up +2 to achieve the fit.

Oh, btw, how tall are you ?

Isolar

Reaction score
@OhMe Most SS16 styles were sized up on the runway, particularly flannels and jackets. That was the look, a slouchy California vibe.

Randeep

Reaction score
So may be the solution is to size up...

Many thanks ! It's a big help.

So ok it's TTS and not oversized at all... Now I think I have to go with 48 rather than 46...

Strange how the fit on you looks totally different than in the runway. It's like the model sized up +2 to achieve the fit.

Oh, btw, how tall are you ?

5"10 / 180lbs

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members