• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mcking

Reaction score
interestingly the rip knees that just dropped on ssense (and that are going to be sold out in like a day) are raw and mij, so i guess there are a couple of different versions this year.

i agree, the flannels are pretty much perfect. but they're still pricy for what they are
smile.gif
I wonder why they describe it as High Waist though. Major turnoff but i'm assuming it's really a Mid-Waist?

scanner

Reaction score
For those that own both, should I go with the new FW15 red flannel that dropped on ssense or try to find a FW13 red flannel for the same price? @scanner

They're both a bit different, in material and details. I think the new flannel is a little more durable and the material is much more interesting, it's made in Japan vs the older one made in Italy. The lyocell will hold up much more as its a tougher fiber. The FW13 flannel is already iconic though and doesnt have the additional details like western paneling so if you're not a fan of the western panel and can find the FW13 flannel deadstock I would jump on it, but not if it's used.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They're both a bit different, in material and details. I think the new flannel is a little more durable and the material is much more interesting, it's made in Japan vs the older one made in Italy. The lyocell will hold up much more as its a tougher fiber. The FW13 flannel is already iconic though and doesnt have the additional details like western paneling so if you're not a fan of the western panel and can find the FW13 flannel deadstock I would jump on it, but not if it's used. 

Are the blue ones easy to find. Trying to see how it will work for me but I don't want to be stuck with it if the fit is off

youwhat

Reaction score
no.

and they did the originals in every cut. normal. western. oversized.

the new ones are crap in comparison (colour / material).

scanner

Reaction score
I guess the SA was incorrect. The Red Nashville shirt with the snaps are back in stock at ysl.com and have started to hit boutiques.

Prudy

Reaction score
^^ don't think they've restocked them, actually - just odd ones here and there from folks cancelling their pre-orders.

But, yeah - they are a different shirt from the other red flannel.

neonrider

Reaction score
the nashville shirt fits slimmer and both the fabric and pattern are different. personally i like the oversized ones better, but.

the new ones are cut quite differently from fw13 and like scanner says going to end up being more durable. personally i don't see a huge difference between the patterns though.

Last edited:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no tank you

that wash no looking good, look like knock off pair

whats with the distressing this season? sucks..

Last edited:

icvcss

Reaction score
Is this men's one? Seems like the same as women's one.
It looks acceptable to me but is the least beautiful among all destroyed.

Last edited:

Randeep

Reaction score
Cool man.

Yeah i had a size 30 on pre-order but I called them just now to set aside a size 29 and size 30 for me to try on Saturday, along with the new wyatts (may as well try ha), and hopefully they'll be able to get the blue flannel as well so I can see what it's like in the flesh.

I'm thinking flannel + ripped jeans + nut wyatts for September/October :).

I agree the distressing isn't on the fw13 level but I can't justify to myself paying even MORE than £500 for USED fw13 crash/knee blowouts etc... ugh. I'd rather get these brand new for myself.

They look decent on the model here:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...+Laurent&N=4294908032+306418052&bmUID=kWRXa4v

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so did e

Thought these were D02 but not sure because they are saying a size 31 has a 6.75 hem.

they are D01, did anyone buy this yet??? im thinking of getting a pair, is it better than SS15 one?

SLP blowouts are good but i see a lot of stuff from other brands i think it was fear of god, they over do it and its too big and its ******.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads