• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reasons why New York Sucks 2022 Edition

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got @King Calder 's NYC life all figured out:

takes a little 1BR place right off Central Park, a location where friends will actually want to come visit

he can walk out and stroll or run around the CP reservoir, walk to one of the bouldering spots, etc...

Maybe take a membership to Steep Rock West for the winter months

Easy zip down to work downtown on the B or C

Keep his car in a monthly garage near Riverside Drive

a quick bus ride from home, and he's in his car ready to take him to destinations North, North-East or West

Done

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He'll be too young for the UWS just like you're too old for Williamsburg ;)

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. We also order lunch from there sometimes. It’s right behind Penn Station. Pretty busy but line goes fast

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, Best Bagel on the same block is also top notch (been there much longer than Liberty). I have no idea why it’s not on that map.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For all that borough travel, gathering and collating information, they could have simply flown to Montreal and had a real bagel.

1648327751880.png

lefty

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh. There’s a lot of stuff to complain about in NYC but bagels are definitely not one. Montreal and East London beigels are just a different type of bagel, but that doesn’t take anything away from a great fresh NY bagel. It’s like saying don’t bother getting a fresh slice from Upside Pizza or Scarr’s because it will never be as good as a pizza in Naples. Different things.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I truly just don't get the NY bagel. I've had plenty and always end up thinking "chewy bread with a hole in it". I will say it's easier to spread cream cheese on the NYC version.

lefty

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I ate a bagel for the first time in like 10 years and it was at a Dunkin Donuts in New Jersey on Thanksgiving morning. I definitely wasn't impressed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads