• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quick NYC Taxi Question

Essential

Reaction score
Does anyone know if taxis stop by 62 Chelsea Piers?

And if not, when you call for taxi service (rather than hail one), do you have to pay more?

They have guest service stations at Chelsea Piers that calls one for you. Should I tip them too?

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
there should, more or less, be taxis all around the area. If in doubt, walk across the west side highway to the main streets and then put your hand up in the air.

Essential

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the taxis turn into that little road where Chelsea Piers is. From the site, it seems you can walk across 22nd Street but Google Maps doesn't show how.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes there is a taxi stand and I have caught a cab there before. But the frequency of available cabs depends on your luck and patience.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Perhaps a water taxi can take you down the Hudson around the bottom of Manhattan and back up the East River to help you get to the other side of the West Side Hwy.

lefty

Essential

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm not going to be too patient haha so the second option by calling a cab would be better. Can anyone answer my last two questions?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You don't have the ability to figure out how to hail a taxi in NYC?

Maybe a kind stranger will take pity on you.

lefty

Essential

Reaction score
Can't tell if you're trolling, dumb, or dyslexic. My last questions have nothing to do with hailing a cab. I've never had to call a taxi before because I would just hail one. In this situation, I plan to use a service to call one for me and I'm not sure about the etiquette. I don't mind a bit of trolling but I don't like your disparaging remarks and frivolous posts when I actually need help.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Judge the size of the tip based on the angle of the hailer's arm. Greater the angle; larger the tip.

Avoid a true 90 degree angle as that is an Arnold Horshack impersonator and will be most likely untrustable.

Or offer a signed cheque and ask them to write in the appropriate tip. If you don't have your chequebook handy, simply throw your wallet at them and instruct them to take what they like and return it to your hometown address at a time of their convenience.

Good luck and please let us know how you fared.

lefty

Last edited:

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can't telephone an NY taxi. You'd have to call a town car, which will be $$

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Does anyone know if taxis stop by 62 Chelsea Piers?

And if not, when you call for taxi service (rather than hail one), do you have to pay more?

They have guest service stations at Chelsea Piers that calls one for you. Should I tip them too?

A little late, why don't you just use Uber? uber.com/invite/3w721

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member