• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
German made today. Custom made ostrich leg strap.
20240426_102611.jpg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A new "affordable" addition to my collection arrived yesterday and I'm loving it: The Clemence Munro. I think Clemence is basically a Kickstarter-style brand but I bought a "Photic Diver" from them a couple years ago and was very happy with it (the finishing was fantastic for the price, looks good, etc.). So when a new run of the Munro was announced with some pretty appealing colors, I decided to give this one a shot too. It didn't help that it clocks in at 37.5mm diameter, which is right in my current sweet spot (10mm thick is pretty nice too). It's 45mm lug-to-lug but it wears a bit smaller than that. Very comfortable.

IMG_6788.jpeg

IMG_6789.jpeg

LouisDavout

Reaction score
Mido Multifort, my grandfather's second watch. The first one got lost at sea, he was a skipper on a fishing trawler. This one he bought when he was in his 20's in 1962 and used to wear it every single day at sea for 50 years. When he had days of or on a holiday he put on his Mido Ocean star in gold.
The watch is small, only 28mm but still gets a lot of use since he passed it on to me.

IMG_2419.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still have a chase durer catalogue kicking around somewhere from back in the early nineties when I contemplated getting one but never got around to pulling the trigger. I really liked some of their aviation style watches even though some were a bit Breitling Navitimer busy. No idea on the quality -I’m assuming their movements were imported from Japan or China or something but the prices were very reasonable back then.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still have a chase durer catalogue kicking around somewhere from back in the early nineties when I contemplated getting one but never got around to pulling the trigger. I really liked some of their aviation style watches even though some were a bit Breitling Navitimer busy. No idea on the quality -I’m assuming their movements were imported from Japan or China or something but the prices were very reasonable back then.
It has a sellita movement. Pretty decent quality. I bought this early in my rabbit hole experience.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has a sellita movement. Pretty decent quality. I bought this early in my rabbit hole experience.
Yeah I just looked a little closer at yours and saw it was “Swiss made”.
Just did a google search for Chase Durer and it appears on the same site as bloody Invicta!😀

My alterations tailor was an Invicta fiend and had dozens of the huge gaudy gilt-emblazoned hockey pucks. I used to tease him saying with what he laid for all that lot he could have bought a decent watch! I think he may have seen the light as the last time I was in there he was sporting a much more subdued and classy watch!

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just looked a little closer at yours and saw it was “Swiss made”.
Just did a google search for Chase Durer and it appears on the same site as bloody Invicta!😀

My alterations tailor was an Invicta fiend and had dozens of the huge gaudy gilt-emblazoned hockey pucks. I used to tease him saying with what he laid for all that lot he could have bought a decent watch! I think he may have seen the light as the last time I was in there he was sporting a much more subdued and classy watch!
I bought a lot of invictas when I first fell in the rabbit hole, mainly because they're so damn inexpensive. Didn't take long for my taste to get more refined. Found out I couldn't sell them for squat so I gave them away to the men in my wife's family in Romania. They were thrilled.....

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the Doxa 600T dive watches and the plethora of colours. Was tempted by an orange version but I have an idea for a Seiko mod in orange, plus I couldn’t stomach circa $1600 for a watch that will get occasional use.

Meanwhile I came across Seastern which is a ‘homage’ brand. Did some snooping and some of the reviews hint at the copies being so good as to be almost indistinguishable from the real McCoy which, setting aside the whole debate about when does a homage just become and out and out copy, causes us to wonder how the original brand can justify a price ten times that of the copy?
Anyway I risked $170 partly out of curiosity and partly as I wear a lot of aqua blue gear especially in the summer and when on holiday, and thought it would be fun to have a watch in a complimentary colour. I have to say I’m impressed. Solid and weighty, finishing is decent, case, bracelet, clasp etc all sturdy. Nothing feels cheap or rushed. In a review of the actual Doxa I read the fella liked the watch but couldn’t get along with the thickness / lug fit. I like to feel the weight of the watch and this one is by no means dainty, but it doesn’t dig me anywhere either and feels comfortable in that dent between the radius and ulna so despite its depth it does’t sit up too high.

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic, this phone is rubbish at closeups!
IMG_9209.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr Stevens

Reaction score
Sent in my Seiko Alpinist 6R15-00E0 for service since it's running many minutes slow per day (strangely only when worn though), and they quoted me $400 to repair. Does this seem right? I know it's worth more now, but that's more than I paid for the watch new years back when I bought it. (Edit: typo)
IMG_9921.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads