• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polyester JEANS?!! (Well, 12% Poly)

crush

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hi-val
Besides, nobody will notice, so it's a decision to make on your own whether or not you like the jeans, regardless of the kind of fabric.

But we will always know!
devil.gif

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this is the new "thing" in denim. I was looking at some 7s (yea, I know, I know), and before I bought my pair I was about to get a different pair, until I saw they were even more polyester than your ES. They were also just about the most expensive pair there. They did appear to have almost a resin coating on them, but were as soft as can be, so maybe that's what the poly did?

Mbogo

Reaction score
I called them, and they were pretty cool. The girl said she didn't know they had polyester in them!

She said send them back for a credit, even if I've worn them a bit, as long as they look unworn. I examined them very closely, and they are brand new. So hopefully this will all end well.

I'm going to stick with the Maz Darks. She did say, though, that thay have a new finish that is basically raw, no treatment at all, and I was tempted by it, but unless I can try them on in person I feel better about sizing with the washed ones.

Kind of a weird thing. Thanks for everyone's input!

David

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, what actually strikes as most probable is that your jeans accidentally got sewn with a content tag for something else. Does anything on it look out of place for a pair of jeans?

In any case, glad they sorted it out for you.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polyester is pretty good at retaining smells, so yeah, I wouldn't want it in a pair of pants that might go a while without being washed. Plus, it doesn't exactly breathe well... poly blend jeans don't sound enjoyable to wear.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually like poly in jeans, they make them more stretchy and soft... it's unlikely that those jeans were actually 12% poly, though. I've only seen that much polyester content in women's jeans. Most men's jeans that have poly are 2-3% and at that concentration they are far more stretchy than a normal jean. I think Arethusa's theory is probably correct.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
You know, what actually strikes as most probable is that your jeans accidentally got sewn with a content tag for something else.

you know, i think this is what probably happened.

Babar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I actually like poly in jeans, they make them more stretchy and soft... it's unlikely that those jeans were actually 12% poly, though. I've only seen that much polyester content in women's jeans. Most men's jeans that have poly are 2-3% and at that concentration they are far more stretchy than a normal jean. I think Arethusa's theory is probably correct.

You're talking about elastane, not polyester. Polyester isn't necessarily stretchy.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, I was talking about polyurethane I guess, according to the label of one of the jeans in question.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair of distressed Hutches that is partially polyester. I don't care, as I find denim to be a utilarian garment and being "true to its roots" means jack to me. That being said, my Hutches are the softest, best looking and feeling pair of denim I have and have felt, and have had two or three girls comment on how they felt......needless to say, I love'em
mwink[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics