• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

need denim from japan? or anything else?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
11/16.5" rise is low? Wha?

I don't know about you guys, and this is not intended as bragging, but that's barely enough room for me. If I'm not careful even these can end up causing the dreaded MCT syndrome.

I can't even imagine wearing those Levi's Skinners with the 3 buttons.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
ok, well i've did a lot of legwork for you guys today...

i LOVE service in japan, the sales people are amazing. I took care of some orders today, and while I was getting someone's jeans chainstitched- I asked them about pure blue. the guy whipped out a magazine and showed me a magazine spread- which included their address and phone number. he got someone to call them for me and try to ask for directions- but in japan addresses aren't very helpful and directions are hard to give.. so he got the number of someone that supposedly spoke english that knew where it was. anyway i tried calling and they didn't answer... but i walked around and ended up going to the 45rpm store.

and guess what? they have jomons- they have almost a full size run but they are low on stock- so if you want them they still come out cheaper with shipping and my commission than getting them in NYC. i asked them if they knew where the pure blue store was (haha i guess that wasn't "proper" though, since they split off from 45rpm). but they actually looked it up online and printed out a map for me to find it...

i found it after this 4 hour adventure- but they were closed. so i might go back tomorrow or in a few days and see what they got. so if you asked me about pure blue jeans previously- we'll see what they have in store.

Reaction score
You are going to ruin me for sure, coldrice.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
i'll try to post up some pics of the stores and the magazine. haha sorry ddml, only trying to help
smile.gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Id really be interested in seeing what the natural indigo pure blue's look like, since they don't seem to have any pics online.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
You are going to ruin me for sure, coldrice.
youre gonna ruin yourself.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heh, I think I may have to order in the next 2.5 months solely because you are being so helpful :p

Did they have the SD-103XX? The natural SDs in the pic look like the aniversary models and those aren't on SDA's fit chart so I don't know how they'd work out.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more;
the sun shall not strike them, nor any scorching heat.
For the Eternal in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd,
and Studio D'Artisan will guide them to springs of living water;
and 45rpm will wipe away every tear from their eyes.

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice pics coldrice! do take more pics of Pure Blues jeans if you go there again!
smile.gif
their cheaper/mid-priced jeans look good too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads