• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern/European Kitchen Cabinets

CommercialDoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ccc123
SieMatic, Pedini, Snaidero, Boffi - all great also Smallbone in england.

check out www.woodweb.com - you can get lots of help inspiration and information there!

Just curious but wondering what this opinion is based on. Do tell about Pedini. I am almost sold but need some firsthand experience to put me over the edge.

ccc123

Reaction score
I worked as a Trim carpenter for 15 years doing high end architectural installs and cabinets - bottom line is you can get look a likes and almost the same styles, but in my experience its the quality and integrity of Pedini and the others I mentioned, that make them last, they are built very very well -see material and construction details on Pedini site, its very well explained. Yes its an investment, and many people cant afford the them, but the point really is if you can afford them and it is exactly what you want, you will be assured of their heritage, quality and guarantee! - I installed two of these kitchens and would not hesitate to but one in my own house for one second - except for the fact that my house is a stone front new england shingle style design that has a very different architectural design that these. Good luck - take your time, lay it all out with the designers more than once and mock up with ruffs the whole kitchen uppers and lowers and lighting to make sure the 3D thing is on the money for you! - DO NOT RELY ON CAD OUTPUT PLANS RENDERINGS !!!! - while very informative and conceptually helpful - you must with the $$ involved mock it up. I do not install a high end kitchen with out this step - it will save you allot of time and money in the long run

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any thoughts on PoggenPohl? Same class as Balthaup?

ccc123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Any thoughts on PoggenPohl? Same class as Balthaup?

PoggenPohl is very good, however I would rather go with Balthaup as i have found there fit and finish to always be superior. there attention to detail is very very hard to beat! Tolerances are excellent!

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love all of these old threads.

I enjoy solid wood in the context which it works best. For cabinetry however I think veneer offers something that solid wood cannot. The early modernists used wood veneer extensively, but typically it wood that offered some luxury, rosewood, zebra, macassar or walnut.

Poliform and Bulthaup seem to be very nice and well thought out. They also put their best foot forward in their marketing, where the others seem to be lacking in that area.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads