• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Minnis Tobacco "Slewfoot" Fresco GMTO

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Apologies on the delay. Here is the "official" group buy thread for the hopeful re-run of the "Slewfoot" Tobacco Fresco from Minnis.

Honestly, I'm not sure the preferred routine here, so my thought is to keep this as a running log of commitments we have. I can try to interface with DWW as to what the ideal process moving forward is, especially as commitments come in. Unless anybody else wants to monitor everything, feel free to shoot any PMs or posts my way, and I'll do whatever I can to get this thing moving.

Below are a few pics of the Slewfoot version. I will also be setting up a DWW version.

LL

LL

Cheers,
Eric

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, not much, though the DWW version is gaining steam. I haven't been able to track as much as I'd prefer, but there's a decent amount of interest (about 15m or so at present I believe).

At the moment, it's unlikely we'd reach 60 here, but it is not at all inconceivable that we will for the DWW variety. Would you like to hop in on that?

Note: how fixed are you on 2 meters? Unless you are extremely slender, I can't imagine 2 meters would be sufficient for a suit.

dcinitial

Reaction score
Unfortunately, not much, though the DWW version is gaining steam. I haven't been able to track as much as I'd prefer, but there's a decent amount of interest (about 15m or so at present I believe).

At the moment, it's unlikely we'd reach 60 here, but it is not at all inconceivable that we will for the DWW variety. Would you like to hop in on that?

Note: how fixed are you on 2 meters? Unless you are extremely slender, I can't imagine 2 meters would be sufficient for a suit.
What're the main differences between this and DWW version. DWW version looks like it has a more reddish cast in it? I may be interested.

I was just guessing how much a suit length would be at 2 meters. Guessing 3 Meters should do it?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What're the main differences between this and DWW version. DWW version looks like it has a more reddish cast in it? I may be interested.

I was just guessing how much a suit length would be at 2 meters. Guessing 3 Meters should do it?
They're not strikingly different. The link is below, which should assist better than my explanation. I personally want a suit of each, and may slightly prefer the Slewfoot, but I quite like both.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/531337/minnis-tobacco-dww-fresco-gmto

In regards to length, 3 is the general rule of thumb, especially if you are anything resembling a "normal" size.

dcinitial

Reaction score
They're not strikingly different. The link is below, which should assist better than my explanation. I personally want a suit of each, and may slightly prefer the Slewfoot, but I quite like both.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/531337/minnis-tobacco-dww-fresco-gmto

In regards to length, 3 is the general rule of thumb, especially if you are anything resembling a "normal" size.
Thanks sir, I too would prefer the slewfoot versions but will take a look and consider it. I'll reply in that post.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the price per meter and when does ordering close?

My apologies for extreme tardiness. I just stumbled across this thread this morning. Thanks

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the price per meter and when does ordering close?

My apologies for extreme tardiness. I just stumbled across this thread this morning. Thanks
No apologies required. This is more a brainstorm to (attempt) to drum up interest in order to get it done.

Disclaimer: I've started at a new firm recently (and a move...and holiday travels lol) so I have had virtually zero time to dedicate to follow up here. Once the new year begins, I will have more time to attempt to steer this toward the requisite meter amount needed for a run...and potentially revisit the other shade at a later date if this one gets completed.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Count me in as another interested party, please. @ericgereghty
What amount would you be looking at?

I'm finally starting to have a bit of time freed up in my schedule to pursue this, so I'll be more cognizant of this thread.

Note: it looks like Minnis is now offering a brown Fresco, for whatever that's worth.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reporting in for duty !

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics