• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it was this one:

tumblr_ma1nfizglb1rf1jvro1_1280-jpg.15686

Perfect width, imo.
Agree. Saving it.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
x-post from: Has anyone bought anything from Caroline Murat Menswear?

They came up on my Instagram and here's their profile. Their store seems to be on Taobao, but I have never been able to register and view items.

I like a few of their items on Instagram and was wondering if anyone has any experience or thoughts?

Thanks.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No idea, looks a bit generic aesthetic though (as in every other brand is going that direction), but if it’s cheap and cheerful I would go for it

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hasn’t tried but I assume the register by phone part doesn’t really work with oversea number

Edit I remember I register a long time ago using email but account got deactivated for whatever reason hasn’t tried to bring it back

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at the latest Tom Ford offerings, and these wingtips caught my eye:

IMG_7687.png
IMG_7686.png
IMG_7683.png

Although the leather probably isn’t as high quality as those used in EG, or JL, the level of finishing is quite something. If I was going to drop $2K for Blake-stitched shoes, I would choose TF over Berluti.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well for $2.5k just so much choice out there I wouldn’t bother with TF shoe

Funny you mention that. These caught my eye:

An interesting take on a monk - I may spring for these during my next trip to NYC (so I can try them on first).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably not enough texture? Like the above in cord just becomes more versatile, though might just be guilty by association or my lack of imagination

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably not enough texture? Like the above in cord just becomes more versatile, though might just be guilty by association or my lack of imagination

Yes, cord is more versatile, also more sporty, but velvet has its attractiveness in a refined city look. I think of Husbands' aesthetics, for example.

Voidoid

Reaction score
Isn't Husbands aesthetics at its extreme also have very limited use ?
Same can be said for Tom Ford. They both marketing themselves as fashion brands, although obviously Tom Ford is different league.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads