• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loominous "Bleeding" Madras GMTO: A Classic!

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my refund. Thank you. Sorry that the vendor was so unreliable.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LL customers should have received their refund by now. In anyone is missing theirs, kindly email me at [email protected] with your order number, and I'll check for you.

Incidentally, this is the reason that we insist that ALL GMTOs not associated with an affiliate vendor go through Styleforummarket, and in particular, any GMTO that goes through an individual. It's really a service for the community. The small fee that we charge does not actually cover the overhead, particularly when we have to deal with issues like this.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have some money that disappeared for a pure cloth order maybe 1.5 years ago. Is that the one you're policing?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some money that disappeared for a pure cloth order maybe 1.5 years ago. Is that the one you're policing?
Hi,

No, this was for a makeup of shirts, not for pure cloth. Sorry for your problems as well, but Styleforum was not involved or even aware of a pure cloth order.

Cheers,

Fok.

amiga505

Reaction score
thought I'd notify the community - Aleck is back at it again, via Etsy (here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheRealMadras) I have placed my order before being notified by an SF member of this thread, and that something fishy might be going on, so decided to wait it out. after a month waiting time I started making inquiries, this time around he was citing the water crisis in the city of Chennai as a reason and implored me to wait longer. given his history here, I decided to opt out and after a bit of haggling and an escalation to Etsy got my refund. not sure if he's just unlucky, or an outright scammer, but the fact remains - he did not deliver.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don’t know what the means for refund are beyond having your credit card contest the purchase— but do make sure you have means of getting money back if necessary.

Too bad. I would love to make a summer wardrobe out of that stuff.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Put a message through to Atlantis. I bought from them a few years ago— not bleeding, as they had next to none in inventory.

amiga505

Reaction score
Put a message through to Atlantis. I bought from them a few years ago— not bleeding, as they had next to none in inventory.

yes, just chatted with them. they say that bleeding Madras is made to order and in bulk quantities, with ordering minimum. I did not inquire further.

I was approached by Yogesh from this forum, he has a shop on Etsy, but none of the current stuff is especially appealing to me.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, maybe we should put a bulk order together. It is very cheap per yard.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If I read the website properly, the patchwork runs can be smaller. But the bleeding stuff is the reason for getting serious.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
RC series and patchwork at Atlantis are available for retail order. Bleeding requires 1,000m and seems to be what our scam artist is trying to organize. Not sure yet about their “ultra fine quality.

BTW Mercer & Sons sells a shirt that is allegedly bleeding. I have washed it a few times and not seen corroborating evidence. But it is decent quality cotton and they might offer other patterns.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thought I'd notify the community - Aleck is back at it again, via Etsy (here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheRealMadras) I have placed my order before being notified by an SF member of this thread, and that something fishy might be going on, so decided to wait it out. after a month waiting time I started making inquiries, this time around he was citing the water crisis in the city of Chennai as a reason and implored me to wait longer. given his history here, I decided to opt out and after a bit of haggling and an escalation to Etsy got my refund. not sure if he's just unlucky, or an outright scammer, but the fact remains - he did not deliver.

I missed this, but experienced a black hole of communication. At purchase, website indicated I should receive my yardage early August. No response through Etsy when in the third week of Aug I asked what was up, and then went through their dispute resolution method while indicating I merely wanted to know WTF was going on versus an immediate refund.

Etsy just pinged me with an email that a refund is forthcoming.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads