• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hysteria

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am intrigued by Blake Hedley jackets. I would be buying one online and haven't had a chance to see them in person. I am somewhat skeptical, however, due to the price. I would've expected a higher price for a quality leather jacket.

If anyone has experience with them, I'd appreciate your input on it before I try to experiment, because return shipping would be quite expensive.

Thanks!

As a buyer from EU, Brexit sucks big time. I wonder how much it’s affected (for better or worse) the British clothing and shoes companies. Now I also rarely order from the UK, unless it’s something I can’t find anywhere, or such as in this case, where most interesting makers are not in the EU anyway.

I ordered a Blake Hedley shearling last year, had to pay import duties, VAT and all that and then returned (exchanged for another Blake Hedley) and I was told I couldn’t get what I paid in taxes back.

Nader393

Reaction score
1D32F984-C071-4758-9FB4-5A7678AFB673.jpeg
Wife tossed her jacket on the couch. I tossed mine on top, hoping we would make a few more little jackets. At least a couple pair of gloves…

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
Finally got my grail jacket... sort of.

It's not the Burberry Prorsum version, and if you go back far enough I did at one point have one... two sizes too small. I can't find a size 50 to save my life so for now I sprung for the Brit version in a M and it fits perfectly. Maybe someday I'll try to upgrade, but for now I'm loving it.
IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

casterofdreams

Reaction score
Not sure if it was ever mentioned here but Schott has a leather peacoat. Never really seen something like that before on the account that peacoats are usually made of wool. Does anyone know if there are other leather peacoats out there?
IMG_2938.jpeg
IMG_2939.jpeg

elongatedskull

Reaction score
Not sure if it was ever mentioned here but Schott has a leather peacoat. Never really seen something like that before on the account that peacoats are usually made of wool. Does anyone know if there are other leather peacoats out there?
View attachment 2144843 View attachment 2144845
Buzz Rickson has produced a leather peacoat under their William Gibson line twice now, I own the earlier version. Lost Worlds will also custom make you a leather peacoat!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 2144843 View attachment 2144845

It's a damn shame that Schott makes some really nice, well-made leather coats and this is the best they can do to showcase them in their digital marketing, wtf

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics