• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

true.to.size

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on whether the balloon trousers from this season fit the same as those in recent seasons past? I have generally sized up, per NMWA's advice, and I am curious if that is still advisable.

Iskander

Reaction score
My linen overshirt also did not survive a wash on the delicate setting (even in a mesh bag). I was pretty shocked by the result.
To add to this, if anyone has had success washing their Belgian linen items, please chime in with your method. I also have a pair of their linen drawstring shorts that I've been too afraid to wash...

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve dry cleaned mine in the past and it was fine. Still, the fabric should be prewashed to minimize shrinkage.

ucla bruin

Reaction score
Other than the drawstring starting to fray I haven’t had any issues machine washing my linen shorts. I’ve even thrown them in the dryer a couple times.

nemononame

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on whether the balloon trousers from this season fit the same as those in recent seasons past? I have generally sized up, per NMWA's advice, and I am curious if that is still advisable.
I have a pair of size 50 navy heavy twill ordered from De Bonne Facture directly this season, and they fit exactly the same as the the size 50 olive heavy twill I orderd (on sale) from NMWA from last season sale. Neither has shrunk the slightest bit, btw, despite washing quite warm several times (no dryer though). Both fit a half size larger than the tan light poplin sort of fabric version (I forget the name, maybe peachskin, of the fabric, also in size 50.

goonerble

Reaction score
Hi guys - does anyone know the return procedure if returning from the UK please? I have asked customer support a few time but can't get a response.

Concerned i'll miss the window to return it in if they don't get back to me. Wish they just had an address listed or something.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an OG DBF Pecora Nera knit in M NWOT, never worn, that I’d love to trade for a L.
IMG_2348.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads