• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just found this thread. Great stuff. I am looking at another suit. How does the Charcoal one compare to Suit Supply?

Al in Philly

Reaction score
I just found this thread. Great stuff. I am looking at another suit. How does the Charcoal one compare to Suit Supply?

Just by comparing descriptions, the KW suit looks like the better of the two. The fabric might not be as great, but the construction is head and shoulders above Suit Supply.

I ordered the charcoal suit about 1.5 weeks ago. They say it takes three weeks to complete and probably another week for me to get it. I'll be posting my thoughts once it comes in. I'm excited about it!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kent,
Are there going to be any wool/mohair blends in midnight blue on offer?
No. The colors are limited, more summery options.

Kent,
Do you offer to do custom suit jacket lining on your MTM suits?

Yes, you can choose from about 10-20 linings. I'm working on photographing those.

Got two of Kent's polo shirts. Lightweight gray and heavyweight blue! Both are very nice and I get comments on them both. Kent, when will you be getting more polos in XXL? I want more
biggrin.gif
XXL will be added gradually. I think there will be some in the polo shipment that's arriving next week.

Kent said a few pages back that he was changing the sizing and to e-mail him for sizing info.
Correct.

Kent, any chance of your stocking linen or cotton-only fabrics for summer suits any time soon?
There are some cotton and linen options. I should have photos in a few weeks.

helnaur

Reaction score

Hey Kent, any chance this polo shipment will contain more S-size polos, specifically in burnt orange?

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just by comparing descriptions, the KW suit looks like the better of the two.  The fabric might not be as great, but the construction is head and shoulders above Suit Supply.  

I ordered the charcoal suit about 1.5 weeks ago.  They say it takes three weeks to complete and probably another week for me to get it.  I'll be posting my thoughts once it comes in.  I'm excited about it!

Construction may not be as good, but your taking about $200+ difference. Also Suit Supply says they uses horsehair as well. One thing I don't like is the return policy. Basically if your not happy with the fit you get a custom made suit....Thats good, but one if you just want to return the suit all together?

Al in Philly

Reaction score
Construction may not be as good, but your taking about $200+ difference. Also Suit Supply says they uses horsehair as well. One thing I don't like is the return policy. Basically if your not happy with the fit you get a custom made suit....Thats good, but one if you just want to return the suit all together?

Just to get this straight, you want to order a suit, send it back and forth a few times to get the fit perfect, obtain a fully canvassed, hand-made suit that fits 99% perfectly (for $650 btw), and then return it?

I just want to be sure that this is what you are asking for.

david123

Reaction score
I think he just misunderstood Kent's policy. As I understand it, you first get a regular size in charcoal and see if that fits. You can return it. This guy thinks you can only return it if you commit to buy a custom one, but I don't think that was Kent's meaning. He wasn't asking for a returnable custom one, he was asking for exactly the policy that as far as I can tell is in place.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to get this straight, you want to order a suit, send it back and forth a few times to get the fit perfect, obtain a fully canvassed, hand-made suit that fits 99% perfectly (for $650 btw), and then return it?

I just want to be sure that this is what you are asking for.

This was my question, too.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Our return policy for all items, including suits is:

We accept returns on unused items within 30 days. Custom-made items may not be returned. We can only guarantee that we'll make it to the measurements you specify, and cannot guarantee the fit. If an error was made by us, we will correct it at our cost.

So this means if you receive the RTW suit and don't like it you can return it.

Hey Kent, any chance this polo shipment will contain more S-size polos, specifically in burnt orange?

New shipment will only include burnt orange, light blue, and lavender, in all sizes.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think he just misunderstood Kent's policy. As I understand it, you first get a regular size in charcoal and see if that fits. You can return it. This guy thinks you can only return it if you commit to buy a custom one, but I don't think that was Kent's meaning. He wasn't asking for a returnable custom one, he was asking for exactly the policy that as far as I can tell is in place.
Exactly what I thought. My understanding was Kent will make a custom suit if the RTW doesn't work out.

easy_golfing

Reaction score
I know you said pant measurements might take a while, but can you give approx. measurements? For a 30/32, what would the rise, LO look like?

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of questions:

1. Can the pants be made with side adjusters instead of belt loops?
2. Could I just send my best fitting pants and have them replicated and sent back?

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics