• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many meters did you swim today?

dreamz

Reaction score
i wish! i just started a year ago. well, i swam as a kid, but then stopped for 17 years or so and am just getting back into it. trying to get my times down.

considering how my swimming buddy does 7k, i'm kind of a slacker.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
: ) How do you measure your distance? Do you count laps or use a swim watch or something like that?

I need a swim watch.

dreamz

Reaction score
i count laps. you get used to it pretty quickly, especially if you do sets, which are easy to count. i think in terms of sets (of specific distances), so in a 25-meter pool:

50 = 2 lengths
100 = 4 lengths
200 = 8 lengths
250 = 10 lengths

and so on.

so, e.g., if i'm doing 15 × 100, i just count the number of 100s.

even on distance sets without rest, i think in terms of sets. so, e.g., i think of a 2k set as 2 × (4 × 250), i.e., two 1k sets, where a 1k set consists of four 250s. and then i just count the 250s. once i finish the first 1k (i.e., the first 40 of 80 lengths), i just start counting from zero again.

i do this for two reasons. first, it is much easier to keep track of sets and low numbers of lengths. second, it is better for motivation, at least for me; e.g., when i think of a 1k set as four 250s, it seems really short and easy.

and, of course, it's always good to do some short fast sets.

i know some people who swear by their swim watches. but i don't like to mess around with gadgets and buttons. i just count and use the pace clock.

dreamz

Reaction score
today:

10 × 100 free
40 × 50 fly and fly drills
10 × 100 free

total: 4000 meters

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New goggles : )

ky9atfY.jpg

dreamz

Reaction score
nice. what do you think of them?

i'd like some optical swedish goggles, but i don't think that they exist.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, erm. I could see better without them... :) My normal glasses have a cylinder and these don't. I guess I should have known that wouldn't work, but I didn't. Or maybe it works for some people, but not for me.

Last edited:

dreamz

Reaction score
unfortunately, there are no goggles with a cylinder. how bad is your sphere? maybe you can get away with normal goggles (and save some money).

my normal eyeglass prescription has a slight cylinder, but a sphere of -5, so i need optical goggles (to see the clock, etc.).

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ones I had were regular goggles. They are fine with my -2,25 / -2.75, but I thought it would be nice to get about the same sight as my glasses. That didn't work with these, so I'm back to regular goggles. No problem really.

I could use new ones, though...

PEr54gF.jpg

:)

My brother gave me his goggles that he didn't use (Speedo Merit Competition Racing). I'm going to try those out this week.

dreamz

Reaction score
are those falling apart? how are the racing goggles? it's a pity that there are no optical racing goggles.

i've ordered some new toys: finis agility paddles and finis positive drive fins.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, starting to fall apart, of old age :).

Got these today (I didn't like the Speedo Merits of my brother.) These feel very comfy and are very easy adjustable:

y0aByuA.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member