• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hong Kong Shirt Makers

Noeluap

Reaction score
@Penfold

Thanks for the recommendation! Was in HK the last week and got two shirts made. One in white house fabric and I really fancied the TM PoW check with red overcheck that you showed so ordered that up too. The funny thing is somehow his guys made the shirt up with blue overchecks!

The shirt fits great so I'm considering still ordering up the red overcheck one to pick up the next time I'm in HK!

Noeluap

Reaction score
@Isochronous

He has MoP buttons now and includes them if you order shirts with TM fabric. He charges a small price if you want MoP buttons with shirts made up with house fabric

Isochronous

Reaction score
Went in yesterday. Initially indicated I was interested in a TM white shirt but then he advised that the particular TM fabric I was looking at would be a $1000 shirt, and that they had a house fabric which was very similar and only $450, so I should consider if I thought it was worth more than double. Then decided that since it was my first Graly shirt, I would go with house fabric first to see the fit. In fact he suggested I only order 1 to start with - appreciated that the service wasn't pushy and weren't trying to upsell.

I did forget to ask for MoP buttons with the house fabric shirt though. Will need to rectify that. How much do they charge as a button supplement on the house shirts?

Also, do you know if they stock any TM easy to iron fabric?

HoopzDreamz

Reaction score
I am planning a trip to hk in June and would love to pay a visit to Ascot Chang. I have a few queries and if a fellow member can kindly provide answers to the following questions, that will be very helpful.

1. For new customers, is AC strict with the 3 shirts rule?
2. How much does it cost to have a shirt made using house fabric? How about TM fabric?
3. AC has 4 stores in HK. Is it recommended to visit the one at peninsula hotel?

Thank you.

takashi78

Reaction score
I am planning a trip to hk in June and would love to pay a visit to Ascot Chang. I have a few queries and if a fellow member can kindly provide answers to the following questions, that will be very helpful.

1. For new customers, is AC strict with the 3 shirts rule?
2. How much does it cost to have a shirt made using house fabric? How about TM fabric?
3. AC has 4 stores in HK. Is it recommended to visit the one at peninsula hotel?

Thank you.
I just visited 3 weeks ago. But i went to the Prince building location. Had a great time there.

1- I already plan on having 3 made so the rule doesn't bother me too much.
2- House fabric starts at hkd1195, hkd1395 and tops out at hkd1795. TM fabric starts at hkd2200 i think. I had all my 3 shirts done up in the cheapest house fabric (oxford).

HoopzDreamz

Reaction score
Thanks takashi!

Does anyone has experience with TM / alumo fabric?

Does it feel better on the skin? Or does it last longer?

I'm really curious to find out more about high end shirting fabric. Happy to hear your experiences.

Thank you.

vaulter1

Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread looking for some input from those who have used Graly in the past. I will be passing through HK later this year but will only be in town for 24 hours on each leg (land midday and depart midday the next) - with 2 weeks in between. Am I being too optimistic that I could arrange an initial fit on my first flight through and collect on the return layover?

Last edited:

BigBadBernard

Reaction score
I was in HK for 5 days earlier in the summer and used Graly. Got turnaround in 4 days, though that wouldn't have worked if the fit hadn't turned out fine first time (in that case he would have mailed the shirts after further alteration).

Got 4 shirts with Thos Mason fabric and for HKD900 I think they turned out pretty well - I will certainly use Graly again. His house fabrics are about half that price, but I didn't look over them when I was in the shop so couldn't speak for quality.

As others have commented here in the past, he is a bit lacking on the communication front - just be very clear up front what you want and how you want it (every detail) and it should be fine.

GnarlyBear

Reaction score

I was in HK for 5 days earlier in the summer and used Graly. Got turnaround in 4 days, though that wouldn't have worked if the fit hadn't turned out fine first time (in that case he would have mailed the shirts after further alteration).

Got 4 shirts with Thos Mason fabric and for HKD900 I think they turned out pretty well - I will certainly use Graly again. His house fabrics are about half that price, but I didn't look over them when I was in the shop so couldn't speak for quality.

As others have commented here in the past, he is a bit lacking on the communication front - just be very clear up front what you want and how you want it (every detail) and it should be fine.

Is that 900 hkd each I assume?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member