• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

707Matt

Reaction score
Did someone say patina?
20240303_103257.jpg

707Matt

Reaction score
I think GS recommends either VSC or dubbin wax. I have used VSC to spot treat some areas and it worked very well to bring back the original look. I think an actual wax product would work even better, but I have no experience with that.
I actually re-waxed my motorcycle jacket. It looked horrible until I went over it with a blow dryer. I watched the wax absorb into the material and the jacket is like new!

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
Can someone with with 7 or 7.5 US measure the length of the outsole of a Leo last boot or shoe? thanks

if you can do insole as well I would appreciate it too.

707Matt

Reaction score
New Kangaroo... I was told this is medial puckering because it is kangaroo and all of them are the same.

Attachments

• 20240308_152725.jpg
    20240308_152725.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20240308_152730.jpg
    20240308_152730.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 41
  • 20240308_152829.jpg
    20240308_152829.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 20240308_152858.jpg
    20240308_152858.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
Hello guys,

i have a question regarding sizing:

I am slightly above 7.5 US between E and EE brannock.
i have a low volume low instep foot and my toes are wide.
I prefer to have some toe room to the left and right while enjoing a tight fit for the waist and secure heel fit.
what size is most likely to work for me on the Leo last: 7,5 E or 7 E or 7 EEE or rather 6.5 EEE.

thanks in advance.

cheers
alex

basu13

Reaction score
I think I can say that I have a small collection now.
- Ottawa Boots in Crimson CXL
- Cap Toe British Tan Calf
- Cap Toe Oxford in British Tan

A few quick pictures taken this morning when the sun was hitting the boots just right (anyone else find themselves staring at their boots?)

View attachment 2147827
View attachment 2147831 View attachment 2147833 View attachment 2147835
Nice collection. The British tan captoe boots are pretty underrated but a really nice make-up.

707Matt

Reaction score
Hello guys,

i have a question regarding sizing:

I am slightly above 7.5 US between E and EE brannock.
i have a low volume low instep foot and my toes are wide.
I prefer to have some toe room to the left and right while enjoing a tight fit for the waist and secure heel fit.
what size is most likely to work for me on the Leo last: 7,5 E or 7 E or 7 EEE or rather 6.5 EEE.

thanks in advance.

cheers
alex
In my personal experience with this range of sizes, I would say it depends. I have found that the most important thing is where the ball of your foot lies. When my big toe knuckle fell short of the widest part of the boot, the width did not matter much. Once I found the size that matched that requirement, it was just a matter of how tight or loose I wanted them.
I am a US size 8.5E. I have tried 8.5 and 8 as well. On both Of those sizes the ball of my foot was at the part of the boot still swooping out. On the 7.5 it was a match, but very tight. In the roomy Floyd last I found the 7.5E is my glass slipper fit. On the Leo last it was too tight. The 7.5EEE in Leo last ended up being my glass slipper fit. I tried different sizes in different leathers and it came back to these 2 sizes for each last.
I hope that helps a little bit. Enjoy your boots!

707Matt

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Rust Kangaroo Edward boots they would like to share with us? I'm wondering how they look after some wears. Thanks in advance

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
In my personal experience with this range of sizes, I would say it depends. I have found that the most important thing is where the ball of your foot lies. When my big toe knuckle fell short of the widest part of the boot, the width did not matter much. Once I found the size that matched that requirement, it was just a matter of how tight or loose I wanted them.
I am a US size 8.5E. I have tried 8.5 and 8 as well. On both Of those sizes the ball of my foot was at the part of the boot still swooping out. On the 7.5 it was a match, but very tight. In the roomy Floyd last I found the 7.5E is my glass slipper fit. On the Leo last it was too tight. The 7.5EEE in Leo last ended up being my glass slipper fit. I tried different sizes in different leathers and it came back to these 2 sizes for each last.
I hope that helps a little bit. Enjoy your boots!
Ordering from overseas. I have to be as precise as possible. I will order 2 sizes once I tried the Barrie last here in EU as it’s supposed to be very similar to the Leo last from Grant Stone

707Matt

Reaction score
Ordering from overseas. I have to be as precise as possible. I will order 2 sizes once I tried the Barrie last here in EU as it’s supposed to be very similar to the Leo last from Grant Stone
I get it. Have you called them up? They are very friendly and knowledgeable. I would still say the most important factor is lining up the widest part of your foot to the widest part of the boot. Let us know how it works out for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads