• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS:ETRO Shirt- Blue w/stripes (but with a twist) SZ 40/M

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
I own quite a few Etro shirts. They've long been among my favorites. I've always really liked their "corporate with a twist" sort of attitude.

As soon as I spotted this shirt at the Etro store I knew I had to have it. At the time I was wearing a 41 (now I'm more like a 42)...but all they had was this 40. I figured I could get by with the slightly smaller size and with little hesitation, I pulled the trigger.

As many of you know by now, I own roughly 400 shirts...give or take. Other than a couple of dozen "favorites"... few of them ever get worn more than a handful of times. Unfortunately the size 40 is just a tad too snug and as a result I only wore this shirt maybe 2 or 3 times (At the rate my waist has been expanding, most of the other SZ 40 shirts that I own (aka SZ 15 1/2-15/3/4, aka SZ Medium), all feel like they've been getting more snug by the minute).
wink.gif

Fun shirt! Really epitomizes that "corporate with a twist" philosophy. And it's in great shape! And I just listed it on ebay, with a nice, low starting price:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ETRO-MILANO-Shir...QQcmdZViewItem

Here are a few pics... Check the listing for the other photos and description. FYI- I forgot to mention in the listing that it's a one button barrel cuff (NOT a french cuff).

Etro-blue-foldedtight.jpg

Etro-Blue-Label.jpg

Etro-Blue-Fullfront.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Dennis

oscarwilde

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this piece of textile art. I checked you link to ebay but the post was removed, pity-
I'd be interested in buying it. Do you have something similar of Etro design in your impressive collection?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 101 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads