• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fine cutlery, EDC, and pocket jewelry": Here we post reviews, recommendations, tips about and appreciation of.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One more show and tell for you. First, I blame you all for this:

DSC04456.jpg

$75 bucks for a damascus blade? I kept thinking it must be fake damascus/pattern applied but it seems like legit real forged damascus. Fantastic value in these Civvi knives. Thanks for the heads up. White Mountain's free shipping only took a day as they are so close to me.

DSC04460.jpg

Next up are these little Peter Atwood pocket tools. I can't be certain but I think he came up with the idea of small pocket tools/pry bars in the late 90's. I bought these in the early 00's before there was any hype. You could email him and he'd make what you wanted. Demand for Atwood tools went crazy around mid to late 00's and a few years later, Gerber, CRKT, et al were all offering pocket tools like this.

They all work as a pry bar, flat and phillips head, bottle opener. Top left has a spanner wrench built in that fit Strider Knives, hence the strider striped pattern. I got the brushed one on the bottom a few years later for my Dad. When he died in 2006, my Mom found it in a little pouch on his dresser and gave it back to me.

Top right is a little neck knife with a kydex sheath. That's my standard box opener. Cuts tape but not deep enough to damage anything inside. Apparently these little tool fetch a premium now. Glad to see Peter is still active and pumping them out but they are mostly sold to dealers now. He's from Western MA so it was nice to support a local guy.

I think that's all I have in my office. I had a decent collection of custom knives, mostly Tom Mayo pieces. They were all too nice to actually use so I ended up selling them and sticking with some nice high quality production knives like the Sebenza. Still made well but I don't mind using them as designed.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One more show and tell for you. First, I blame you all for this:

View attachment 2062071

$75 bucks for a damascus blade? I kept thinking it must be fake damascus/pattern applied but it seems like legit real forged damascus. Fantastic value in these Civvi knives. Thanks for the heads up. White Mountain's free shipping only took a day as they are so close to me.
Had to pick one of those up too. Should be here this afternoon. :D

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy , any opinions on Medford knives?
No good ones, unfortunately. He has one decent model, but they are otherwise terrible for day to day use, unless you need a hammer or prybar. The praetorian does look interesting. The owner is pretty obnoxious though. It it were some big corporation, that could be overlooked, but Medford is not that.

Also if I'm looking to get the Demko shark cub, how does the aluminum handle compare to say G10 or the titanium variant?
I much prefer the feel of titanium in hand, though the steel liner on the G10 version makes for the most tight lockup. I got a titanium one with the slicer blade.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No good ones, unfortunately. He has one decent model, but they are otherwise terrible for day to day use, unless you need a hammer or prybar. The praetorian does look interesting. The owner is pretty obnoxious though. It it were some big corporation, that could be overlooked, but Medford is not that.

I much prefer the feel of titanium in hand, though the steel liner on the G10 version makes for the most tight lockup. I got a titanium one with the slicer blade.

Other than the demko shark lock, any other good lefty recommendations? Lefty Chris Reeve Sebenza might have you rolling your eyes, but it's currently available...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other than the demko shark lock, any other good lefty recommendations? Lefty Chris Reeve Sebenza might have you rolling your eyes, but it's currently available...
Style preferences and budget?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Style preferences and budget?
Style and size like Sebenza 31 small. I like the old Kershaw skyline. On the other end of the spectrum, Medford Praetorian is pretty cool. I'd prefer to keep blade length under 3.5".
Left hand or ambidextrous operations would be great.
Budget $500 under.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Style and size like Sebenza 31 small. I like the old Kershaw skyline. On the other end of the spectrum, Medford Praetorian is pretty cool. I'd prefer to keep blade length under 3.5".
Left hand or ambidextrous operations would be great.
Budget $500 under.
This is my daily, with mokume gane inlay:
Excellent all around drop point, there is no better ambidextrous lock, and they will drill the overlays for left landed carry (the holes already exist on the frame). Right size too.

Slicey enough for nearly any EDC use, and is also robust, with the very well balanced S35VN blade steel. I do wish they did one in titanium rather than aluminum, but the aluminum is nice as well, and does decrease the weight a bit, even with mokume gane inlays, which are considerably heavier than the micarta and G10 inlays with which it comes.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Similar to the watch thread, what was everyone’s most carried knife this year?
Definitely the Flytanium Arcade with mokume gane inlay, and before that, either my sharksfoot AD20.5 - I just love the sharklock. It's super strong and also has a great action. What's not to like?

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn’t specifically keep track but I’m pretty sure it was the urbanEDC Pena caballero.

I have a shark lock coming to me for Christmas so I’m excited to finally have one to carry.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Similar to the watch thread, what was everyone’s most carried knife this year?
Probably Sebenza but the Civivi got a lot of pocket time once i bought it. Thanks for the recommendation. I ended up buying several from White Mountain Knives as gifts this year. Just ordered a button lock for one of my son's buddies who is a firefighter.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like what I see from this special release. Hope we get a version in natural micarta in the future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads