• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite sneakers?

StevenRocks

Reaction score
i see a lot of adidas fans in this thread - for those that dont know adidas has a campaign that recently launched to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the superstar model. Â lots of new (limited) variations of the superstar are out including shoes dedicated to Run DMC, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Underworld, Ian Brown, etc., etc. 35th Superstar Anniversary
I have a friend that's a major sneaker fiend that found several of the 35th Anniversary Adidas Superstar models at Journeys in Four Seasons Town Centre in Greensboro, NC. Â They had the New York, Boston, Black Embossed and Graphic models the other day, and the prices ranged from $70-99, far less than what they sell for online. Â Selection is limited though. Â Your local Journeys will probably have at least one of these models, but act fast.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I used to like Stan Smiths until they switched to the matte leather (late 90s). The rest of these, I really have only a vague idea of what you guys are talking about.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Adidas superstar (especially II in white/navy)
Chuck Taylor (High in black/white)
Nike Air force One (High, white/white)
Adidas Montreal 76
Adidas Samoa
Puma Roma
Some Puma Mihara
guilty pleasure: black/gray Prada America's cup along with jeans and a black blazer (yeah I know, me and 50000 trust fund kids wear that look but whatever, I like it)

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
(Chimes @ Mar. 25 2005,10:56) i see a lot of adidas fans in this thread - for those that dont know adidas has a campaign that recently launched to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the superstar model. lots of new (limited) variations of the superstar are out including shoes dedicated to Run DMC, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Underworld, Ian Brown, etc., etc. 35th Superstar Anniversary
I have a friend that's a major sneaker fiend that found several of the 35th Anniversary Adidas Superstar models at Journeys in Four Seasons Town Centre in Greensboro, NC. They had the New York, Boston, Black Embossed and Graphic models the other day, and the prices ranged from $70-99, far less than what they sell for online. Selection is limited though. Your local Journeys will probably have at least one of these models, but act fast.
Thats awesome, I'm gonna see if I can find the Tokyo model locally... they have little dragon/chicken things on them..

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this pair of Costume National which I find quite nice : Then again, it's a "designer" sneakers
tounge.gif
but I got them for 35 euros at some "braderie" in paris... Luc

benchan

Reaction score
Maybe it just my feet, but those Santoni shoes don't feel comfortable at all on long walk.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe it just my feet, but those Santoni shoes don't feel comfortable at all on long walk.
I think it could be very personal, I think they are very comfortable. Not as comfortable as the tod's though, but they are not up to a long walk at all.

benchan

Reaction score
What are those Lavers you posted?

They are called Rod Laver Vintage, and has a gum-like outsole.
They should be available in selected adidas original stores and come in a few colours. e.g. All white with different colour accent at the back of the heel, and all black with white midsole etc. But be warned, these shoes were on a "narrower last" compare to the Rod Laver we are accustomed to.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I realize most people are sick of Puma Mostros, but does anyone know if I can find online the Mostro in 'bison' brown suede?

Thanks.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
I realize most people are sick of Puma Mostros, but does anyone know if I can find online the Mostro in 'bison' brown suede?

Thanks.
Try Puma's online store, Urban Outfitters or Nordstrom.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got tired of the black and white speedcat thing a while ago.  It's like the default;

"I want some Pumas cuz I heard they're cool..."
"Hey, get some black and white speedcats...  Everyone has got em.."
"Oooo, if everyone has them, they have to be great.."

I like some of their stuff, like I have a great pair of gray suede Sprints that I love rockin, but I wonder how much longer I can stand the brand.  Adidas is kinda the same but to a lesser degree.  I still wear my Samoas.  

Remember Roos from when you were a kid?  They had the pouch on the side for your milk money?  Just for kicks I bought a pair that have a styling like Chucks low tops, but with a Roo on the side.  Anyways, for like 20 bucks I thought they would be a novelty.  They are kinda so ugly that they look great and surprisingly they are absurdly comfortable, and every time I wear them they draw tons of female attention.  Its like nostalgia wrapped up in a cool shoe.  

Now I just have to find a Gotcha T-shirt...

K

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I got tired of the black and white speedcat thing a while ago.  It's like the default;

"I want some Pumas cuz I heard they're cool..."
"Hey, get some black and white speedcats...  Everyone has got em.."
"Oooo, if everyone has them, they have to be great.."
Happily I have only ever seen one other person wearing them. If they were more ubiquitous I would not have gotten mine.

Everyone else seems obsessed with the 1000 colorways of the other Pumas, usually yellow, orange and blue etc.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its probably just here. In Amsterdam every fool and his is wearing a pair of speedcats. Last year when I went to visit the folks in Miami, I didnt find that many stores that were stocking them and not a lot of people wearing them.

K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads