• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

farmers insurance agent- good career choice?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I re-wrote my exam again this last Thursday and am anxiously awaiting the results. I have a good feeling about this attempt.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
0AFCA650-587E-4857-980D-92C9DA7E7B78.jpeg

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The reappearance of this thread is timely. Things at work are pretty bad, and I’m looking for an exit strategy. How long do I have to work for Farmers to make my first million? I’m really only interested in opportunities that will get me to seven figures in 10-12 months.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems well within the average range of a new Farmers Insurance agent. They are quite successful.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
There is a lot of money to be made in sales, however I would suggest finding a way to get into tech/software sales, SaaS sales, the more complex the product the better, like if the product has an accounting, logistics, medical component and you learn that too, even better.

This is actually solid advice.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sales is a garbage field for losers.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Well, I'm afraid the fifth time was not the charm. :(

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need to make a quick buck. Can I parlay my experience digging ditches into an insurance career?

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm afraid the fifth time was not the charm. :(

Have you considered engaging the services of Mr. William Singer? Our daughter took the exams multiple times with less-than-acceptable results, so for a modest fee ($500K) we were able to work with Mr. Singer and his reputable firm to ensure that our daughter passed her exam on the 11th try. We were very happy.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Have you considered engaging the services of Mr. William Singer? Our daughter took the exams multiple times with less-than-acceptable results, so for a modest fee ($500K) we were able to work with Mr. Singer and his reputable firm to ensure that our daughter passed her exam on the 11th try. We were very happy.

That sounds like a very shrewd investment in your daughter's future you've made! Unfortunately I do not have that type of parental wealth to tap into. :(

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a very shrewd investment in your daughter's future you've made! Unfortunately I do not have that type of parental wealth to tap into. :(

We thought long and hard about it and did the math, based on the representations made by our daughter's Farmer's recruiter. If his promises hold true, we believe we'll make our money back in about six months--a year, tops.

We'd better, since we cashed out all the equity in our home and my retirement account to take this leap.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I am sure your entire family will reap the rewards of this ******* stupid gamble shrewd investment in the future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads