• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

Dino19

Reaction score
^ You look very cool & laid back. How I wish I could do all the layering here in the Little Red Dot!!!

Edd

Reaction score

Is the Penn Shirt Jacket sized as a Jacket or a Shirt? Meaning if you want to wear it as a Jacket do you need to size up or get usual size?

this type of item is usually cut a little larger around the chest & shoulders to accomodate layering, i call them "overshirt's" I wouldn't be wearing this without either a t-shirt or shirt underneath.

catchh

Reaction score

this type of item is usually cut a little larger around the chest & shoulders to accomodate layering, i call them "overshirt's" I wouldn't be wearing this without either a t-shirt or shirt underneath.

Good to know, thanks!

Jagger_On

Reaction score
cheers,im based in the UK so i think shipping would be a bit excessive.

Shipping shouldn't be any more that $20, so you'd pay $10. That's not excessive.

A number of us in the UK have used Drinkwaters. The service Gary provides and the deal he gives on shipping is really awesome. You'd be a daftie not to use him if he has what you want in stock. Generally works out a lot cheaper than what you'd pay over here too.

itsfrank

Reaction score
didn't mean it in a derogatory manner drink! That's really good, can you order over email and do you still have any xs/small in stock? thanks

Last edited:

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
No worries, I didn't take that way at all. The best way to order from us via email ( [COLOR=FF00AA][email protected][/COLOR] or [COLOR=FF00AA][email protected][/COLOR] ) is to title the subject as "Engineered Garments Order". Let us know what you want to buy, your name, address, phone # and credit card #. We always suggest that you send us two emails with the credit card # split up between the two for security purposes. We will reply if we have that size and process your order. We ship USPS first class but should you want it faster, we deduct the first class price and charge you the remainder.

We do have an XS and a Small.

Gary

Brattman

Reaction score
Has anyone had the opportunity to handle this season's Bedford in cotton piqué? I was really glad to see a cotton Bedford as I'm not all that interested in the nylon fabric. If anyone can comment on the fit and fabric, that would be great!

neilmcclurg

Reaction score
Hi all, trying to track down the SS13 Blue/White surf print pop over in a size Large(already tried Nepenthes + Odin), nowhere in Europe seems to have taken it.

Did respond to a seller on here but not heard back.

Any ideas let me know, proxy etc much appreciated!

If anybody missed the following from SS 11/12 items and is interested, I have them, unworn, overzealous with previous EG seasons and never got round to wearing, all brand new, tags attached etc

• Chauncey Shirt Blue Floral Size Large £90 + post @ cost
  • Work Shirt Brown/Navy Madras Size Large £90 + post @ cost
  • Field Pant Black Cotton Ripstop 36" £110 + post @ cost
  • Cinch Short Navy Cotton Dobby 36" £75 + post @ cost

Cheers

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

Did you get the Aero in Olive only or will you have the Khaki as well?

Just Olive - I like going for classic coloring with EG since the actual styling is often quite off the beaten path. the color is fantastic though. hoping to get some shots today

Olive Aero Jacket

Navy Twill Baker Jacket

Last edited:

Knight

Reaction score
Has anyone had the opportunity to handle this season's Bedford in cotton piqué? I was really glad to see a cotton Bedford as I'm not all that interested in the nylon fabric. If anyone can comment on the fit and fabric, that would be great!

Not just yet, but I will soon be getting a Khaki Bedford from Gary in the next week or 2, I'll be sure to fil you in once i get it. I also just received the Olive Field Jacket -- a piece becoming not only popular but scarce! US stockists were virtually sold out [except Inventory to my knowledge]. I had to turn to EU.

The fit is definitely true to size, but not at all fitted or flattering, it is a boxy, roomy jacket that can be worn with a shirt underneath -- but more importantly is designed to be a top layer. And the High Count 60/40 material is quite lovely. The extended zipped pocket > skirt reveal is really cool! And since Sydney's winters are nowehere near the brutal as the winter up North, its good for a cold day here.

I have an opportunity to take some pics this weekend for those interested.

ekimneems

Reaction score

Just Olive - I like going for classic coloring with EG since the actual styling is often quite off the beaten path. the color is fantastic though. hoping to get some shots today

Olive Aero Jacket

I got the Olive Aero, it's really awesome. Going to be a regular part of my spring fits.

Last edited:

Edd

Reaction score
Not keen on that aero jacket, i'm not a huge fan of bomber jackets but even so those big pockets on a very short jacket look wrong to me.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not just yet, but I will soon be getting a Khaki Bedford from Gary in the next week or 2, I'll be sure to fil you in once i get it. I also just received the Olive Field Jacket -- a piece becoming not only popular but scarce! US stockists were virtually sold out [except Inventory to my knowledge]. I had to turn to EU.

The fit is definitely true to size, but not at all fitted or flattering, it is a boxy, roomy jacket that can be worn with a shirt underneath -- but more importantly is designed to be a top layer. And the High Count 60/40 material is quite lovely. The extended zipped pocket > skirt reveal is really cool! And since Sydney's winters are nowehere near the brutal as the winter up North, its good for a cold day here.

I have an opportunity to take some pics this weekend for those interested.

Could you size down on the field parka?
From your usual EG size?

HuggyGiraffe

Reaction score

Could you size down on the field parka?
From your usual EG size?

Only if you can live with very short sleeves. I am between M and L and went for L in this one for the sleeve length and body length. This jacket looks better layered, as you can see in the lookbook. Well, I guess some of the guys here will size down to match it with their stretchy pants, but I don't think that's a good look unless you have very short arms.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads