• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 2012

TWorksheets

Reaction score

^ awesome, fits you great

Thanks. I've actually been kind of obsessing over the idea of going back and getting a size M jacket. The small fits great everywhere in the conventional sense, but isn't quite as slouchy as I would like.

I don't think they pay attention to the branding because its stamped on the fabric rolls straight outta production. The patterns probably aren't cut in any specific way either. Usually uniform serge is lined so this issue is not that common. I love my uniform serge bedford, its warm but still breathes better than my whipcord cotton bedford surprisingly.

Yeah I see what you're saying. The only reason I even brought it up was that I had seen a few stockist photos that had a visible watermark when cuffed, which led me to believe it might be an intentional detail.

husbands

Reaction score
picked up my first engineered garment:

miner shirt, from Need Supply

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
grey dayton
the sizing is totally different than the olive version, gotta love EG

photo2.jpg

Knight

Reaction score
OK first set of fit pics finally! Sorry for the delay. Both these looks were for similar occasions - semi-formal - casual / dress.

Pic 1: Shawl Collar Shirt Jacket / Olive + USN Pant / Indigo / Denim + Flannel Tie / Tan, Navy, White [FW11] + Shirt [Not from EG]
Pic 2: Lansdown Jacket / 8W Cord / Olive + Tab Collar Shirt / Black Floral / Flannel + USN Pant / Indigo / Denim
Pic 3: As above but closer up to show floral shirt details...

I did get more items from Gary but waiting on more as well. I'll take more pics real soon.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the difference? I just picked up the olive one and it's about a size bigger than the SS12 Dayton.

Yeah the olive one is a size bigger, the grey one is basically the same as the SS version. At least the one i got is..
What size did you get?

Last edited:

badeggcat

Reaction score
Got mine in XS. It fits the same as the SS12 lace Dayton in S. Now I'm tempted to pick up the grey one as well.

Knight

Reaction score
Has anyone out there purchased a pair of E1 pants yet? Im curious as to which size will fit a W32? Im finding it hard to believe that Small fits a W32... or am i wrong? Thanks for the advice in advance...

Knight

Reaction score
Knight, thinking you need to size up on that cord landsdown.
I think you're right. However i do have a Medium in the Herringbone Wool from Fw11 and it was quite big.

Shingles

Reaction score
Knight,

Love the cord landsdown. I'm looking for the exact same jacket. Haven't found anyone willing to ship to EU yet though.
What size is the jacket and do you care to share your measurements? What's the fit like compared to bedfords in the same size?
I probably agree on sizing up, it's on the verge imo.

Thanks

Last edited:

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CPO Shirt
Olive Wool Flannel - Nepenthes New York/American Rag/Context/The Bureau
Navy 20 oz Melton - Nepenthes New York/American Rag/MAC/Mohawk/Odin/Rosey Jekes/The Bureau
Navy Wool Homespun - Nepenthes New York/Bastille/MAC
Navy Wool Denim - Nepenthes New York/HW Carter & Sons/The Bureau

19c BD Shirts
White 100's 2 Ply Broadcloth - Nepenthes New York/Inventory/Mac/Steven Alan
Indigo Denim Shirting - Nepenthes New York/American Rag/Blake/Rosey Jekes
Blue Pinpoint Oxford - Inventory
Pink Pinpoint Oxford - Inventory
Brown Printed Floral Flannel - Nepenthes New York/Bows + Arrows/Gravity Pope/Independence/Oi Polloi
Navy Printed Floral Flannel - Nepenthes New York/Bastille/End Clothing/Need Supply/Nomad/Oi Polloi/Fred Segal/Tres Bien Shop
Navy/White/Red Oversized Plaid - Gravity Pope/Oi Polloi/Fred Segal
Green/Red/Royal Oversized Plaid - Context/Jonathan + Olivia/MAC/Oi Polloi/Stuart and Wright
Blue Chambray - Gravity Pope/Independence/Inventory/Joanthan + Olivia/Rosey Jekes/Thread and Needles

runningfrog

Reaction score

CPO Shirt
Olive Wool Flannel - Nepenthes New York/American Rag/Context/The Bureau
Navy 20 oz Melton - Nepenthes New York/American Rag/MAC/Mohawk/Odin/Rosey Jekes/The Bureau
Navy Wool Homespun - Nepenthes New York/Bastille/MAC
Navy Wool Denim - Nepenthes New York/HW Carter & Sons/The Bureau
19c BD Shirts
White 100's 2 Ply Broadcloth - Nepenthes New York/Inventory/Mac/Steven Alan
Indigo Denim Shirting - Nepenthes New York/American Rag/Blake/Rosey Jekes
Blue Pinpoint Oxford - Inventory
Pink Pinpoint Oxford - Inventory
Brown Printed Floral Flannel - Nepenthes New York/Bows + Arrows/Gravity Pope/Independence/Oi Polloi
Navy Printed Floral Flannel - Nepenthes New York/Bastille/End Clothing/Need Supply/Nomad/Oi Polloi/Fred Segal/Tres Bien Shop
Navy/White/Red Oversized Plaid - Gravity Pope/Oi Polloi/Fred Segal
Green/Red/Royal Oversized Plaid - Context/Jonathan + Olivia/MAC/Oi Polloi/Stuart and Wright
Blue Chambray - Gravity Pope/Independence/Inventory/Joanthan + Olivia/Rosey Jekes/Thread and Needles

awesome, thanks timpo!

Dino19

Reaction score
Anyone tried the denim jacket? Any comments on the sizing? It looks pretty small & short to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads